Anybody lowered on 17” with 215/60/17?

I changed from 40mm Cobra to 40mm H&R and the van just sits better.

The wheel arch gaps are all within 5mm on the H&R,s but they loads different on the Cobra,s.

Morning, any reason why H&R over Cobra? Cobra have lifetime warranty, but are they poor quality?

We have fitted 100's of H&R's without a single issue. the one set of Cobras we fitted were supposed to be -50mm but didn't look even -40mm. But that is the only set we've fitted

My18 panel van fully converted was low at back on standard suspension wanted to level her up.
Put Koni shocks and dampers on with H+R 40mm lowering springs on, I hated it ! and lost too much height for ground clearance
Swapped springs today for caravelles 100% improvement ! Thanks Steve....
Have Devonports on and 215x65x17" post pictures tomorrow after she had a wash

So you're on Koni shocks/damper and what size Caravelle springs? The arch clearance on the front is good, I've got about 2 inches to lose there, is that clearance from before or after the spring changes?

So you're on Koni shocks/damper and what size Caravelle springs? The arch clearance on the front is good, I've got about 2 inches to lose there, is that clearance from before or after the spring changes?

Lets see if this works !

Yes, I like the results on the bottom pictures. I'm taking mine in to a VW dealer next week, there are too many variables in the mix.

My18 panel van fully converted was low at back on standard suspension wanted to level her up.
Put Koni shocks and dampers on with H+R 40mm lowering springs on, I hated it ! and lost too much height for ground clearance
Swapped springs today for caravelles 100% improvement ! Thanks Steve....
Have Devonports on and 215x65x17" post pictures tomorrow after she had a wash
in what terms did you hate it ? Was it because of the weight ?

When fitting the front springs, do the windscreen wipers have to be taken off to get access to the top mounts? Also does the top mount plate have to be changed or can the bearings and cup just be done? Looking at getting Febi Bilsteins which are aftermarket ones. Any ideas or experiences? TIA

Remove the wipers , remove the schuttle tray under wipers remove the access panel drivers side ( or remove the wipers ) to get to the top nuts . loosen till the nut is almost off and then carry on below , Once everything is disconnected you can Undo top nut and remove assembly

Remove the wipers , remove the schuttle tray under wipers remove the access panel drivers side ( or remove the wipers ) to get to the top nuts . loosen till the nut is almost off and then carry on below , Once everything is disconnected you can Undo top nut and remove assembly
Thanks for the reply. Do I need to swap the plates as well?

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to swap the plates as well?
Depending on the age and mileage you should replace Yes . If the car is newish then it will be fine . the problem is the amount of work to replace these top mounts after the fact , for what they cost ( which is cheaper than the labour to fit ) change them

Depending on the age and mileage you should replace Yes . If the car is newish then it will be fine . the problem is the amount of work to replace these top mounts after the fact , for what they cost ( which is cheaper than the labour to fit ) change them
Thank you for the reply. My plan is to change the Droplinks, the rear spring cups and the top mounts as it will save time in the long run. It's. 4 year old T6 with 72k . Otherwise, I would have to do the top mounts again later.

Would these be ok?

VW T6 T5 T5.1 UPGRADE KIT FRONT SHOCK STRUT TOP MOUNTS & BEARINGS MEYLE HD A1277 | eBay

Do I have to replace these or will the existing ones do if I just replace the bearings? TIA

Screenshot_20200303_225222_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

That ally spacer ( above ) doesn't really need replacing , nothing to go wrong or wear on that , the rubber mount that goes above it and the bearing housing below it are the important bits to change !

That ally spacer ( above ) doesn't really need replacing , nothing to go wrong or wear on that , the rubber mount that goes above it and the bearing housing below it are the important bits to change !
Awesome. If I didn't live so far away and budget constraints, I'd be booking the van in with you. Thank you.

Don't worry I realise its far , I can offer assistance over the phone or with written instructions if needed
Steve

Do the Factory Led Headlight adjusters have to be disconnected when changing the springs? If so where are they?

TIA

Back