Any Welsh Members?

Hi. Any Welsh forumites know of a public weighbridge in Monmouthshire, Gwent or Bristol? I would like to weigh my van fully loaded before heading to France. Thanks.

Hello, new member. Collected my T6.1 on Friday, drove it 4 hours home through North to South Wales then left for Saundersfoot yesterday morning. Have had a great weekend with wife and dog in Pembrokeshire with it.

Will be using it mainly for pleasure but also as my daily (although mainly working from home now). Previous daily (when in office) was a Lotus Evora which I sold last August so a little bit different.

We are obviously still leaning (this forum and you tube are great) and will take a lot from this weekend. Wife (of 30 years tomorrow) said it’s been the nicest driving experience she’s had with me as so chilled and relaxed as usually it’s a bit swifter, especially on the the B roads blasts.

Cheers
Rob

E35C61A4-EA11-430C-BD26-960377A42D6B.jpeg

Hello, new member. Collected my T6.1 on Friday, drove it 4 hours home through North to South Wales then left for Saundersfoot yesterday morning. Have had a great weekend with wife and dog in Pembrokeshire with it.

Will be using it mainly for pleasure but also as my daily (although mainly working from home now). Previous daily (when in office) was a Lotus Evora which I sold last August so a little bit different.

We are obviously still leaning (this forum and you tube are great) and will take a lot from this weekend. Wife (of 30 years tomorrow) said it’s been the nicest driving experience she’s had with me as so chilled and relaxed as usually it’s a bit swifter, especially on the the B roads blasts.

Cheers
Rob

View attachment 160391
Welcome and congrats on your forthcoming pearl wedding anniversary.

Hi. Any Welsh forumites know of a public weighbridge in Monmouthshire, Gwent or Bristol? I would like to weigh my van fully loaded before heading to France. Thanks.
Did you get a response to this buddy? Heading to France next year so would be good to know.

Did you get a response to this buddy? Heading to France next year so would be good to know.

No, it seems weighbridges around here are difficult to find. So I did some more googling and found that Lye Cross Farm, which is very close to Bristol Airport, has a weighbridge. I called them and sure enough, they do. £2 for a print out of your van weight. Nice wee farm shop too, cracking cheddar :) My van was 2,570kg with everything in it that we’d usually take if just the wife and I are travelling. So, 230kg left for a teenager, dog, driveaway awning and clothing for France. We might just about make it. Maybe. I need to make sure we have room for wine on the way back though, so might have to leave the teenager in France :cool:

I was heading to Tenby I’m back in Cardiff now though, some random snapped a picture of our van which was cool, I will be going to volksfest so hopefully see you there

Pontypool for me, had the Kombi for 14 months. Just finishing off my day van conversion & we’ll be hitting the circuit. Photos of the bed attached 1875mm x 1100mm just shy of a double bed. Kitchen pod, storage pod & fridge to follow. I’ve removed the single rear seat to give more space to move around.

EB7C0CAE-820A-486C-8248-07A0BFE8787D.jpeg

92903232-7B15-4592-8F3A-51DDDA500691.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back