Any BMW i3s owners on here?

True Romance

204 TDi DSG LWB
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone own or run a BMW i3s? If so your thoughts good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks.

Be interested to follow this one. I was going to pull the trigger on one as a company car but chickened out on the range thing as they don’t do the REx any more.

Went Niro PHEV in the end.

My brother has one, had it for several years. Has used the REx about 3 times apparently.
He loves it.

Pete

Yep. Got one and it’s a great piece of kit. The post 18 model has an adequate range for most uses and fast dc charging. It’s fun to drive and quick. I’ve got solar pv so now the suns out and topping up the battery and exporting. Low bik
Suicide doors can be bit awkward at times and boot space is limited.

Yep. Got one and it’s a great piece of kit. The post 18 model has an adequate range for most uses and fast dc charging. It’s fun to drive and quick. I’ve got solar pv so now the suns out and topping up the battery and exporting. Low bik
Suicide doors can be bit awkward at times and boot space is limited.
Thanks. Swapping from a mini so already comprised on boot space ;) Whats the servicing costs/intervals?

My brother is on his second one. Didn't use the REx at all on the first one so no loss for him on the second one. They have another car for long distance so it suits them well. He absolutely loves it

Thanks. Swapping from a mini so already comprised on boot space ;) Whats the servicing costs/intervals?
you'll be looking for used one ... they stopped making them ... but the Mini Ev is a modified i3... what servicing... 3 years before due back to dealers... running costs. tyres pricy nothing else to touch.... I use the brakes occasionally to clear the rust. Most of the time I never touch the brake pedal... good driving and regeneration braking. A recent 350 round trip cost appox £15 and including charging on the way took same time as in ICE car..

You can still buy a new i3, only just had some updates.

I've had one as a company car but only for 5months (I work for BMW engineering). Its a game changer of a car but I can't comment on owning them for a long time.

Thanks for all the responses guys, much appreciated. Just back from test drive and the performance from 30mph was pretty impressive :) . Wanted it in gold but with other must have options takes it over the luxury car tax threshold so would be £345 (well something around that) tax each year so looking at white which is a free option and brings it in just under the threshold. Now got to screw the dealer down on price and get a new wall charger thrown in hopefully. Wish me luck.

Thanks for all the responses guys, much appreciated. Just back from test drive and the performance from 30mph was pretty impressive :) . Wanted it in gold but with other must have options takes it over the luxury car tax threshold so would be £345 (well something around that) tax each year so looking at white which is a free option and brings it in just under the threshold. Now got to screw the dealer down on price and get a new wall charger thrown in hopefully. Wish me luck.
Have you considered PCP, or contract hire before you part with so much cash...I have a hybrid and already the 2nd hand price is plummeting for some reason...doesn't effect me as I'll never own it. Just a thought bud.

Have you considered PCP, or contract hire before you part with so much cash...I have a hybrid and already the 2nd hand price is plummeting for some reason...doesn't effect me as I'll never own it. Just a thought bud.
Will be PCP bud. Hopefully be my last new car and we will hand it back.

I'm thinking about buying a used i3 too, preferably the S model. Found one on Web but the advert stated tax of £480 per year which seems wrong ? Must admit I don't know much about them

I'm thinking about buying a used i3 too, preferably the S model. Found one on Web but the advert stated tax of £480 per year which seems wrong ? Must admit I don't know much about them
Only the rex pay road tax unless it was in the luxury car tax bracket that was later scrapped. Loving my i3s. If you want any info let us know.

Last edited:
Back