Anti Roll Bars F/R questions please

I went down the H&R route because I got a price deal and you have 2 fixing points for the drop links (stiff, stiffer?), but when looking I was tempted by these: Whiteline T5/T6 ARB's. The only other spec difference was the Whiteline bar is 1mm thicker than the H&R bar so I presume stiffer out of the box using the single drop link mount.
Do you know if the White line A R bars are solid or Hollow? some of the Eibach ones are Hollow . It can be deceiving the bar looks huge but its because they are hollow . They do the same job in reality .

I am sure that some Eibach Roll bars are Hollow , usually used when weight is an issue IE Race cars etc , I don't know about the White line thats why i was asking . H&R already had issues with the Mounting brackets on their bars and to go thicker still just means the mounting rubbers must be thinner ?

bear in mind im talking about my 2013 caravelle 140bhp
I've measured the ARB.s
front 23.5mm
rear 25.5mm
bit thin im thinking so id like to fit T32 ones
but
will T6 ones fit ?
CRS Performance HELP !

I'd love some of the T32 ones too - measured mine as 23mm front and 24mm back. Mine is T6 LWB caravelle - so definitely need upping! I had the H&R on my previous 5.1 and we're good - but trying to avoid spending the extra money on this.

I'm fairly sure T6 ARB will fit T5.1 - just make sure it's the correct rear if you have LEDs for the sensor (I have the LEDs hence knowing I need this!)

bear in mind im talking about my 2013 caravelle 140bhp
I've measured the ARB.s
front 23.5mm
rear 25.5mm
bit thin im thinking so id like to fit T32 ones
but
will T6 ones fit ?
CRS Performance HELP !
They are all the same . T 5 T5.1 and T6 , The front of a T6.1 is different however because of the Electric power steering . ( Rear is the same on T 6.1 as all the others ) .

Am I right to take the view that I won't notice much difference by upgrading my T32 roll bars to H&R?

Gordon

the T 32 is 28 mm on the rear 25 mm on front the H&R kit is 30 mm rear and 26 mm front

There fore no great improvement .

If you had a California or camper and 400 Pounds wasnt a concern i would say go for it otherwise , it wont b e great value for money

steve

Am I right to take the view that I won't notice much difference by upgrading my T32 roll bars to H&R?

Not doubting CRS’s knowledge as one of the forum suspension experts, but when I fitted the H&R’s to my T32 lwb B14 equipped van it made a very worthwhile difference. On B14’s alone I still noticed the van was wallowing through bends, the ARB’s really tighten up the handling and prevent body roll.

We are not saying its not going to make a difference , We are trying to establish if its Value for money if the van isn't a camper or California

As you know we at CRS aren't fans of the B 14 kit and the issue you have fitting the B14 is that the A R B bracket on the shocks isn't in the right place for the drops that the kit can do . this reduces the effect of the A RB , There fore fitting uprated roll bars will counter the negative effect the B14 s have on the roll affect.

Hope this makes sense ?? Ill put a picture up of the issue so you can see the difference on a Proper coil over over compared to a sleeve over B14

IMG_3474.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget the H&R bars also allow you to run in several mounting positions on the front drop link.

From a previous life, the difference between the max and min on these can be 100% quite easily due to the way stiffness ratios are calculated.

Essentially I wouldn't be surprised if the H&R bar is twice as stiff as the oem T32 bar when run at max stiffness.

We could actually calculate it if we knew the material types :thumbsup:

We fit hundreds of Roll bars and almost always set them on the harder settings , In my Humble opinion the difference is noticeable but definitely not 100% harder.
In our race cars we run adjustable blade A R B and they can go 100 % stiffer by turning the blade vertical.
If RedUn would like to know ill chat to the technician at H&R and get the spec , it would be nice to know . They may be able to give us the standard bar specs as well .

I don't need to know Steve I'm more than happy with the H&Rs but might be interesting to get some stats for people so they can see the difference between the different bars?

Just read the TUV and interesting the T6.1 bar is 30mm dia.

On the adjustment both the T6 and 6.1 adjusts by 20mm.

Materials also quoted 55Cr3 or 51Crv4

It’s a great upgrade for any weight rating vehicle. And you will certainly notice it, even over your T32 ARBs.

They obviously help further to reduce the body roll, as well as lightening the steering and reducing the understeer that a decent suspension will already have done.

They are great on a camper with the extra weight but also help massively on a panel or kombi van with the points above.

Personally I always upgrade the arbs on my van, but I really drive it hard at times and enjoy the extra feedback and control you get with them, as well as when driving normally.

As we always say suspension is very subjective and is best to test setups for yourself, to help decide which is best for you. We are lucky enough to run a few vans with the different setups, so we can offer back to back demo drives with customers - we have a brilliant test route ove some really good and really poor roads, so you can fully test the suspension in all conditions.

I don't need to know Steve I'm more than happy with the H&Rs but might be interesting to get some stats for people so they can see the difference between the different bars?

Just read the TUV and interesting the T6.1 bar is 30mm dia.

On the adjustment both the T6 and 6.1 adjusts by 20mm.

Materials also quoted 55Cr3 or 51Crv4
Due to the Electric power steering the A R B on a T6.1 is different , It has more reach forward because the ARB mounts are further back
The extra reach meant the bar had to be much thicker to function and that is why they went to 30 mm and had to supply bigger brackets , all this made the T 6,1 ARB very costly of course ,

It’s a great upgrade for any weight rating vehicle. And you will certainly notice it, even over your T32 ARBs.

They obviously help further to reduce the body roll, as well as lightening the steering and reducing the understeer that a decent suspension will already have done.

They are great on a camper with the extra weight but also help massively on a panel or kombi van with the points above.

Personally I always upgrade the arbs on my van, but I really drive it hard at times and enjoy the extra feedback and control you get with them, as well as when driving normally.

As we always say suspension is very subjective and is best to test setups for yourself, to help decide which is best for you. We are lucky enough to run a few vans with the different setups, so we can offer back to back demo drives with customers - we have a brilliant test route ove some really good and really poor roads, so you can fully test the suspension in all conditions.
Oli why do you think they lighten the Steering , interesting comment >?? .

Hi

I’ve fitted the rear H&R on my caravelle and I notice the difference. I have to book into Bognor for the front to be fitted and alignment. I had t32 arbs and I can definitely feel the difference with a rear only. I bet the pair will make a significant upgrade.

Back