Another Led Thread :p

T6_ie

Sorry folks,

so 2 weeks after paying for a new van and im not happy with the lights...... surprise :p

It a 204 Manual 4MO which is only available as a Highline. The van was also spec'd to be a Demo van (so I was told) and used by the dealer.

I've been onto VW and told em either sort it (with LEDS) or take the van back.

They are telling me that a retrofit is a return to factory only option which im calling BS on as there are companies in the UK offering to retrofit and it not effect warranty. I know why a dealer wouldn't do it...... because its insane money for VWs time !!

Has anyone had a dealer to retrofit the lights or gotten quotes from them to do it ?

Cheers

I had the same issue on a brand new T5.1 . . . . but it wasnt just the Lights . . .

it was the MFSW, & the satnav also . . . .

Long story short i had the same answer - Its factory only =[

(even though i pointed them to a UK 3rd party that offered the MOD)

They said that they would have to re-build a new Van . . . . but because i was part-x`ing the old T5 as part of the deal . . . . They would have to re-evaluate that the trade in T5 at a lower value due to the extra 6mnths build time . . .

In they end and escalating the issues to VWCV UK and back down to the dealer CV manager, we agreed that the VW dealer would reduce the sale price of the T5.1 so that i could use those funds to get the work carried out by a third party . . . . which i did.

So unfortunately its a case of rejecting the van . . . . . and getting a different one.

or argue for a discount and retro-fit yourself.

Looks like about £2195+vat to £3095+vat from these guys . . . . . . Genuine T6 Full LED Headlight Upgrade - Supply & Fit

upload_2019-12-12_18-41-2.png

We are please to offer Genuine VW Transporter T6 Full LED Headlights.

This is for the Supply and Fitment Full LED headlights with LED DRL's(Daytime Running Lights).
All parts are genuine VW and come with a 2 year warranty. Installation time will vary depending
on upgrades selected. (4-5 hours for headlight fitment, 3-4 hours for headlight washer jets,
2-3 hours for auto-levelling If all this is carried out we will require the car for a Full day.

Recommended optional extras
- Auto-levelling (all models).
- Headlight washer jets (all models).

Additional Information:
- Auto-levelling will enable the headlights to automatically level when going up or down hill.
- Headlight washer jets will ensure the headlamp lens is relatively free from dirt.
The headlight washer jets will activate roughly every 3-5 times you use the windscreen
washer jets (only when the headlights are turned on).

The current VOSA MOT guide(01/01/12 onwards) states this "Vehicles equipped with
High Intensity Discharge(HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with
headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system. Where such
systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible
to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit
of the doubt must be given. Headlamp washers may work in conjunction with the windscreen
washers (when the dipped beam headlamps are switched on) or by a separate switch
." The full section of the guide concerning headlamps can be found here.

On new Transporters we will match the remainder of your 3 year VW warranty

do you require headlight washer jets

Do you require REAR LED Taillights ?

Do you want to add Auto leveling?

Supply & Fit £3,095.00+VAT

I'm sure that the dealers won't have a labour time to do such a job. Plus, do the retro fit companies use 100% OEM parts?

The reason I ask this is that when I asked for Bluetooth to be retro fitted to a Mk6 Golf, they said all I could have was the stick on touchscreen thing from the accessory range, despite the retro fit boys offering fully integrated systems, that worked just like the factory bluetooth. The reason VW couldn't do this was because the retro fit boys use an aftermarket piggy back wiring harness. As this is not a VW part, it can't be warrantied.

I think I'm right in saying that each vehicle has it's own bespoke wiring loom, so anything retro fitted cannot be done 100% as it would be if it was factory fitted. Long gone as the days where the wiring was in place for pretty much every factory option. When all you had to do was buy the part and plug it in.

Thanks @Dellmassive for taking the time to reply.

I've seen them offering the service alright however Im in Ireland and VW here wont stand over the warranty.

Im sorry to hear about your hassle with them, to me this is like that old saying of " you should never meet your idol" only its never buy your dream van.

Im waiting on service manager to get back to me so we'll see where it goes.

Back