Another day another problem

Mr blue

T6 Pro
So today I notice that the passenger side front fog light is half full of water ??? Any ideas

Make sure the bulb is correctly installed as well. They are a bugger to dry out - just leave them indooors for a couple of days.

If it's got water in it, it needs removing to be emptied out. If it's 'just' condensation, I dried mine in situ by removing the bulb, fashioning the Henry nozzle round the back of the light, and warming the lens by waving the hot air gun over it.

Don't let it get too hot as it will melt the plastics. It did it first for about 10 minutes. It looked fine, but a light misting came back, so I gave it another 10 and it's been fine.

I had this a while ago. Dealer replaced once under warranty but it came back in same one side (drivers)
Left it a while and it annoyed me no end.
eventually after lots of searching to fix the fault to no avail I took the fog light out. Dried it out on radiator for few days then drilled 3 x 3mm holes in bottom. The holes can’t be seen and after 1 month it seems to have worked
Tricky to get the light out but turned the front wheels on full lock and unscrewed the arch lining it’s a squeeze but easier than taking bumper off.
good luck

If it's got water in it, it needs removing to be emptied out. If it's 'just' condensation, I dried mine in situ by removing the bulb, fashioning the Henry nozzle round the back of the light, and warming the lens by waving the hot air gun over it.

Don't let it get too hot as it will melt the plastics. It did it first for about 10 minutes. It looked fine, but a light misting came back, so I gave it another 10 and it's been fine.
Done this so many times and always comes back

Update so it looks like a lot of the water rolls down the bonnet ,down the headlight then from there it’s a straight drop onto the fog light So have removed the fog light turned upside down and no water leaked out huuumm so not the top edge seal or side or bottom then tipped it back to submerge the bulb which is an Led one expected the seal to leak nope put it did start pouring out of the back of the bulb housing all round the black square part of the bulb in the pic image.jpg,mine are a set of the add on fog light kit from travelling lite so will give them a call and get other bulb assembly

I drained about 1/2 pint from my nearside fog lamp today and used a heat gun on the lens and in through the bulb hole with some pipe arrangement.
The LED bulb was still working so replaced with a good coat of silicone grease on the seal.
It’s incredible that the quality of this basic equipment is so piss poor. My 20 year old A4 went through the MOT 2 days ago, I’ve changed 2 indicator bulbs in 20 years, I’ve never had to bale out a light housing.

Back