Annoying Turning Off Pop From Amplifier

Jon

T6 Guru
I have recently installed one of Absolute5's superb signature audio upgrade kits myself to my T6.
All is well (apart from my ear drums) and an audible pop from the amp when it powers down. This is frustating as you only need to unlock the van and or open a door etc for it to remotely power up the amp. Its only after about 20 seconds of no other input it turns off with a popping sound through speakers. Jason has been brilliant throughout the project supporting me installing everything but this has me stumped completely.
I have used the standard Highline headunit with a remote power cable to the amp, I know this is no doubt somthing to do with the canbus system and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing ? If so any input would be appreciated. Thx Jon

Did you manage to solve this pop issue ? I may have the same problem. What was causing it ? And did you find a way to prevent the Pops ? Matt

Hiya, yes I wired an Audison USS4 into the front speaker output. This fools the head unit into thinking they are still directly attached.

Ok, understood. Great news. I will wire mine the same then. Thanks for the info. Great forum this is.

Reactions: Jon
Hi @Jon and @T6 owner. I've just installed an amp and got the exact same issue so wondering if you guys could give some advice?

Where did you place the USS4? On the speaker wires going into the amp or coming out from the amp or somewhere else?

Hi @Jon and @T6 owner. I've just installed an amp and got the exact same issue so wondering if you guys could give someadvice?

Where did you place the USS4? On the speaker wires going into the amp or coming out from the amp or somewhere else?
Hiya, I wired the Audison USS4 into the front speaker output directly from the head unit. This fools the head unit into thinking they are still directly attached.

No power required, it just shows the head unit a resistance similar to a speaker being attached. Then it does not shut them down causing the pop.

Well that seems to have done the trick. I can still hear something but it's nowhere near the loud thump anymore. Actually prefer hearing the amp powering down so I know it's not draining the battery because I can't see it's LED's when it's hidden away. Happy days. Cheers @Jon. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jon
Back