TBH they could be any black wheel as all the detail is lost.

I think that the Canteras are even better on the Transporter than they are on the Amarok and lighter colours show them off really well. That said, I do like the look of mine when they have a nice coating of brake dust, but prefer the sparkle when they are clean.

Has anyone done bronze ? I saw this pic and it got me thinking, not Canteras but similar

View attachment 122493

I was thinking of that with Indium grey for my set ?

That's pretty much a Cantera 'pattern' design, if you had a set of Canteras done in Bronze I think you'd struggle to see the difference between the two.

Unfortunately its all a bit an experiment - you don't know exactly how they will look until they are actually on the van, and by then you are committed anyway :) So you are going to like them, or get them done again.

My local wheel refinisher (MyAlloys in Basingstoke) has a wall of their stock colours on rims that you can hold against the cvan to get at least an idea, it's very helpful, but the wheel design changes how the light reflects and how the wheel colouring looks against the van. My Sportlines look so much brighter than the Canteras, but side by side (when they are clean) the colour is identical, the difference is Canteras have lots of different angled surfaces so really reflect the light well.

That's pretty much a Cantera 'pattern' design, if you had a set of Canteras done in Bronze I think you'd struggle to see the difference between the two.

Unfortunately its all a bit an experiment - you don't know exactly how they will look until they are actually on the van, and by then you are committed anyway :) So you are going to like them, or get them done again.

My local wheel refinisher (MyAlloys in Basingstoke) has a wall of their stock colours on rims that you can hold against the cvan to get at least an idea, it's very helpful, but the wheel design changes how the light reflects and how the wheel colouring looks against the van. My Sportlines look so much brighter than the Canteras, but side by side (when they are clean) the colour is identical, the difference is Canteras have lots of different angled surfaces so really reflect the light well.
I actually have a spare Cantera, i got a bit excited on ebay and ended up with an extra one! I'm tempted to get one done first just to see what it looks like.

I did think your wheels looked a different colour, but they look good and I was tempted to do the same.

Adam

Featured earlier in this thread on a different van.
(I purchased these from @Montecha.)
I love these Shadow-chrome wheels so much. In my biased opinion they just look perfect!
Now after a second set of refurbishable canteras for second vehicle.
072B5EBB-0922-4E26-BF14-79E6686380CF.jpeg

#iknowrefurbishableisnotarealword

Back