Am I Being Stupid?? Swivel Seats

craigblues

T6 Pro
Evening all.

Got two front seats in my new van with swivel seats. Driver seat is a nightmare to turn round. Bumps into everything and leaning at alsorts of awkward positions trying to hold front back lever and then swivel lever. Am I doing something wrong?

Also you have to put handbrake down, surely this is a safety issue? Admittedly is auto so park will hold it but if you had a manual what do you do? Leave it in gear?

Evening all.

Got two front seats in my new van with swivel seats. Driver seat is a nightmare to turn round. Bumps into everything and leaning at alsorts of awkward positions trying to hold front back lever and then swivel lever. Am I doing something wrong?

Also you have to put handbrake down, surely this is a safety issue? Admittedly is auto so park will hold it but if you had a manual what do you do? Leave it in gear?
Hi I have swivel seats too, yes drivers side is more difficult to turn than passenger side. I found you need to adjust back rest forwards slide seat back then rotate seat. Oh and yes you need to release handbrake while rotating seat ensuring your are in P and lift handbrake once seat is in position.

Yes the driver's seat is always more awkward. As well as suggestions above, I find it helps to unlock the steering wheel adjustment and let it move freely while you're rotating the seat

On a slightly different note, does any one know if you can take the factory swivel off to leave a non swiveling seat?

On a slightly different note, does any one know if you can take the factory swivel off to leave a non swiveling seat?
No you can’t. It’s part of the frame above the seat runners.

So if it’s above the runners is it integral to the seat ie you would need to swap the seat to get rid of the swivel ?

I beleive you can just swap the seat base frame. The swivel mechanism replaces the height adjustment

I beleive you can just swap the seat base frame. The swivel mechanism replaces the height adjustment
That's the next thing to look at I need to try and lower the seat about 25-30mm, then I might be able to see out and reach the handbrake

Tried this & it's a complete nightmare of a job.

Ended up swapping over seats from one van to another

Back