Altro Floor - what colour?

Creamytash

T6 Guru
I am at the stage of deliberating what colour floor to choose. I am anxious that I might choose wrong and have regrets. So many choices in colours. Any photos of your choice of floor colour and or advice on colours would be appreciated. I never thought this would cause me such a problem. The van is Cherry Red, the interior lining is smoke grey carpet, no kitchen units or rear seats yet. I am crap at seeing how colours will go together or clash or just look wrong, or even right.
Thanks in anticipation.
CT

I am not able to as not at that stage yet as much as I would like to. I have to get the floor in then move on to the units, then rock n roll bed.
Thanks

I am at the stage of deliberating what colour floor to choose. I am anxious that I might choose wrong and have regrets. So many choices in colours. Any photos of your choice of floor colour and or advice on colours would be appreciated. I never thought this would cause me such a problem. The van is Cherry Red, the interior lining is smoke grey carpet, no kitchen units or rear seats yet. I am crap at seeing how colours will go together or clash or just look wrong, or even right.
Thanks in anticipation.
CT

If you're struggling I recommend making a simple moodboard of some kind, so you can see your colours and materials side-by-side.

This could be a physical version stuck to a board taking swatches or samples of each material (carpet lining, floor, furniture colour).

Or a digital version either as flat swatches or a quick mock-up based on a photo of your van.

I'll drop my very crude mock-ups below to give you an idea. Based on this I went with dark to offset the units. Good luck.

Interior_Mock-Up_001.jpg

Interior_Mock-Up_002.jpg

Interior_Mock-Up_Original_001.jpg

Thank you that was really really helpful and your examples are very good. I think that's a great idea. It would be so easy to make a bad choice.
CT

I am not able to as not at that stage yet as much as I would like to. I have to get the floor in then move on to the units, then rock n roll bed.
Thanks
I still reckon you would be silly to let the colour of the floor dictate the colour of the furniture etc. Just have a look at prospective furniture colours and try to visualise things from there.

I still reckon you would be silly to let the colour of the floor dictate the colour of the furniture etc. Just have a look at prospective furniture colours and try to visualise things from there.
I will do that, I have a bit of time to research furniture options as the van is going in on Monday to have a pop up roof, bonded solar panel, bi-fold bed and sides carpet lined. When I get it back al be skint lol.

Back