Alpine halo firmware update issues

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ok so halo installed no problems Apple car play works fine using usb very easy to set up .
however it seems pretty buggy ( huge volume changes Siri full volume etc whilst music playing quietly ... so looked at firmware to see and it’s never been updated and there is new firmware available .. I’ve tried two different memory sticks formatted correctly (fat32)but no luck it can’t see the files on either of them .. I’ve tried using a memory stick directly in the back of the unit and again no joy . Just in case the usb extension cable is not working correctly ( despite Apple car play working fine ) I’ve literally tried everything ... it refuses to read the memory stick and see the firmware update ... anyone else have an idea ?

Have you extracted the contents of the download onto the USB stick making sure that the root folder is as described on the firmware update instructions. Inside the folder should be the firmware files that the HU will use to run the upgrade.

You can’t just drop the download onto a freshly FAT32 formatted USB stick.

Have you extracted the contents of the download onto the USB stick making sure that the root folder is as described on the firmware update instructions. Inside the folder should be the firmware files that the HU will use to run the upgrade.

You can’t just drop the download onto a freshly FAT32 formatted USB stick.
Of course yes . In the end I used a brand new stick that was usb c / a and it worked no problem ... it does not like memory sticks that are a couple of years old for some reason ... or maybe that belong to people that use apple computers even though they are fully aware of how to check a memory stick is formatted correctly eg fat 32 in this case . To applaud Alpine uk they are sending me a memory stick with the software installed in case I had further issues . Do you hear that Kenwood ? Alpine seem to be a company that actually do give a shit about their end user or customer and the product they have sold them.

Have you looked at the volume settings for different sources and the system volumes? Settings and config on this go deep.

Have you looked at the volume settings for different sources and the system volumes? Settings and config on this go deep.
After firmware update things calmed down but it was very odd that things like voice announcement were so damn loud by default and I still cannot get Siri at a nice quiet volume its at 0 volume setting but still very loud .. I’ve looked into every setting and it appears that you can adjust each level as it’s happening ..so for example the voice on Waze can be adjusted as it speaks .. but no other time ! It’s all a bit odd but once the levels are finally set it seems ok . I think once I get these last few gremlins sorted I’m going to be very happy with this unit .. just amazes me how they cannot seem to get a unit that’s actually ready straight out of the box without all this hassle

Here’s a lovely little twist of events I received a memory stick from alpine for free with latest firmware and maps .. which I thought was very helpful of them however .. when I tried to update it got stuck on the first please wait screen like for ever with a message do not switch off ignition etc etc .. so I wait and wait and nothing happens... so I have to switch off and unplug stick ... you guessed it I’m now driving with a head unit that has no sat nav and blue screen telling me my system is corrupt !! Oh yes .. happy days!
So I got a new stick put the software from their website on it and reset it up .. all is well except I now have no sat nav just a blank screen when I go to it .. to be honest I’m not that bothered I’m sure this will get resolved but ... it’s like what the f*** ? Why on earth is anything so damn delicate ?? It’s like just work you are a car head unit that cost me more than £1200 why oh why do I have to go through this shit just to get what should come straight out of the box...
And by the way Siri is still too damn loud .. anyone else with an alpine halo and Apple car play find that ? Or am I really the only person on this forum that experiences this shit

I feel for you @osman as I have the same issue with my Alpine HU.

Update failed is the only thing that appears on my screen. In fairness to Alpine they have tried to help but as it stands I think the HU is going back to Alpine UK.

I feel for you @osman as I have the same issue with my Alpine HU.

Update failed is the only thing that appears on my screen. In fairness to Alpine they have tried to help but as it stands I think the HU is going back to Alpine UK.
shit that's just wrong I cannot believe that something so basic as updating software has been made to be so delicate and so full of potential issues

I know, it’s a bloody nightmare. Nothing I try changes the state the HU is in.

Nobody bar Alpine seems to know what to do.

Googled it last night for a few hours, I couldn’t even find an image of the screen I have. At least Alpine are offering assistance, I have read on here of other vendors who have pretty much ignored customer pleas for help.

I know, it’s a bloody nightmare. Nothing I try changes the state the HU is in.

Nobody bar Alpine seems to know what to do.

Googled it last night for a few hours, I couldn’t even find an image of the screen I have. At least Alpine are offering assistance, I have read on here of other vendors who have pretty much ignored customer pleas for help.
hmm sounds horrible. I've sorted mine out now using a maps update ... was all rather a lot of fuss though .. needs to be easier and the main bugs for me such as Siri volume have not been addressed

hmm sounds horrible. I've sorted mine out now using a maps update ... was all rather a lot of fuss though .. needs to be easier and the main bugs for me such as Siri volume have not been addressed
What was the firmware update number as I did check with Alpine a while ago and I was told no updates available
I have had a problem with rear parking sensors telling me I have an object behind when I put it in reverse on odd occasions when nothing there
No faults showing for pds though and dealer confirmed this as well
New CAN interface last year did not solve it either although good for four months

What was the firmware update number as I did check with Alpine a while ago and I was told no updates available
I have had a problem with rear parking sensors telling me I have an object behind when I put it in reverse on odd occasions when nothing there
No faults showing for pds though and dealer confirmed this as well
New CAN interface last year did not solve it either although good for four months
Firmware 1.3020

Back