Alpine Halo 9 vs Kenwood DMX8019

The leads should pretty much marry up. Did you get a suitable ISO harness to go with it?
I have another question for you or for anyone with the halo .. how to your turn down the audio bleep that happens whenever using voice control in apps like Waze or using Siri .. it’s always on full volume ! Deafening ! It’s rediculous and I can’t find the setting to adjust this

Isn’t there a ‘CarPlay’ option in the sounds menu somewhere?

Im sure you can alter different volumes different functions.

Isn’t there a ‘CarPlay’ option in the sounds menu somewhere?

Im sure you can alter different volumes different functions.
You can adjust the volume as the specific sound happens .its Got better with resent updates

On mine, there’s a menu option in sounds to turn down specific sounds in CarPlay.

On mine, there’s a menu option in sounds to turn down specific sounds in CarPlay.
Yes there is but even with Siri set at minimum volume it’s very loud .. it has got better since the last firmware update but I still think there is a volume issue with Siri that needs looking into

Has anyone got any feedback on the Alpine halo 9 with built in sat nav? I am curious to hear peoples thoughts as I am looking for a new head unit and considering the Kenwood or Alpine.

Lastly does anyone know of any newer units coming out in the near future?

Has anyone got any feedback on the Alpine halo 9 with built in sat nav? I am curious to hear peoples thoughts as I am looking for a new head unit and considering the Kenwood or Alpine.

Still wondering myself...

I will be honest , we sell all of them, though Halo 903/4 sound great they lack in features, speed, not intuitive compared to Kenwood, can lag a little

Kenwood dmx8019/20
kenwood dmx9720xds (10.1” HD screen)
kenwood dnx9190dab (reverse tilt HD screen)

in our opinion are superior , the best screens (HD) fast, intuitive, Garmin nav on the 9190, wireless Apple CarPlay.android auto, on all. Dash cam control on all

6859B448-8488-4B78-AABE-6436860A8642.jpeg
56CAF64E-835D-4989-9760-44E829E57563.jpeg
A13C8EBF-3F59-4DB9-8364-81AC2ED0FE1B.jpeg
7BCF4AB5-40C7-40BF-97C7-85394DF19314.jpeg
6D1A0C54-A17F-4D6A-9E1C-25D895B42686.jpeg

thank you for the response and input, out of the 3 you recommended whilst looking for a unit that has sat nav, multimedia, revers camera function, apple car play can any of them allow me to watch videos from my iphone? the reason I ask is rather than having a tv/monitor I am thinking for the odd occasion we may use it I may be best off looking for a unit that can offer me that also?

The Kenwoods have hdmi input so a converter will be needed, some use firesticks, Apple CarPlay does not do video

great, in relation to the ones mentioned, the kenwood dnx9190dab (reverse tilt HD screen) is coming in at £1300,00 and the Kenwood dmx8020 dabs is coming around £530.00 what are the main feature differences?

The differences the 9190 has over the 8020-
HD reverse tilt screen. The best on the market, deals with direct sunlight
Garmin sat nav, 3 years updates
cd/dvd/sd
Dual zone AV

@Absolut5 do you have any more photos of the 9720 installed in a T6?

also aside from screen size how does the 8020 compare to this in terms of sound quality and other functions?

Cheers.

I've just gone for the 9190 as I don't like the stick out screen designs, amazing unit! Stick your firestick in the HDMI and your away with SkyGo on the move :thumbsup:

Back