alpinair.co.uk Air-Con Retrofit Temperatures??

22jeffers

Hi all, has anyone on here had their air con retrofitted in their T6 by www.Alpinair.co.uk that can tell me what temperatures they are getting out of the vents?

I’ve had mine done and I’m getting 16.4 degrees from the drivers vents and 19.5 degrees from the passenger vent!!

Hi Jeffers,

I'm planning on getting my AirCon fitted by Alpinair over the next couple of months or so.

What did you think about the process? Are you happy with the fit? Also, are you able to explain how you turn the aircon on/off? Is it using a button similar to the one in the photo?

Thanks in advance!

unnamed.jpg

Overall I was very happy. They had to uninstall and reinstall the system as it was t working correctly on first installation but it was all done at no extra cost. The air con is now satisfyingly cold. They use original VW AC buttons so the look on completion on the dash is factory.

Hi all, has anyone on here had their air con retrofitted in their T6 by www.Alpinair.co.uk that can tell me what temperatures they are getting out of the vents?

I’ve had mine done and I’m getting 16.4 degrees from the drivers vents and 19.5 degrees from the passenger vent!!
Hi
from your message I believe you have had air on retrospective fitted, , please could you let me know the cost prior to phoning alpinair for a quote, mine is a T6 and hope it can be done thanks Phil

Can i be nosey and ask how much this cost?
Im after the same for my t6

Hi there,

Can't comment on the temperatures as I've not measured them; I can say that its very cold though and more than dealt with the heat over the last summer.

For my T6.1 it totalled £2,800 including VAT.

Pricy, but well worth it. The van was simply too hot in the summer.

Can I ask what company in Wembley please?
Hi, I don't actually know. I bought a new T6 from Camper Monster last week that bizarrely didn't have it fitted, so I agreed to buy it if they could get it fitted within a week, and they agreed. They said it takes 1 week and goes to a company they use a lot in Wembley. Maybe give Camper Monster a call and ask? They said it happens a lot when people buy from them, so the company must be good if they keep using them...

Hi all
New member here. I've got a 2015 T5 camper and am looking to get a retrofit air con at Alpinair, so keen to understand folks experiences. The van has never had AC so it would be a new fit rather than a re-fit. It's a decent sum of cash but i'm really keen to get it done, just hoping it'll be a good job and last... any pointers/experience appreciated

Overall I was very happy. They had to uninstall and reinstall the system as it was t working correctly on first installation but it was all done at no extra cost. The air con is now satisfyingly cold. They use original VW AC buttons so the look on completion on the dash is factory.
Hi, just seen this post.
I'm having the same problem. AC was fitted by AlpineAir nearly a year ago and it's never been cold.
I made a 8 hour round trip two weeks ago to have the heater controls changed (at a cost of £360 +VAT even though the part is £160) and its still not cold. Can I ask what temperature you're getting now?

No idea but it’s still cold. It wasn’t after the initial install. They stripped it all out and refitted it with new parts, after which it was notably colder.

Hi, just seen this post.
I'm having the same problem. AC was fitted by AlpineAir nearly a year ago and it's never been cold.
I made a 8 hour round trip two weeks ago to have the heater controls changed (at a cost of £360 +VAT even though the part is £160) and its still not cold. Can I ask what temperature you're getting now?
Are they good about honouring the additional work trying to get it sorted? I don't know if I fancy forking out £2.5k for it MAYBE being colder...

Back