Alloy Wheel rust marks.

Cconno14

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help or has the same problem. I have been getting rusty water coming out the holes on my alloys as per the attached photos. I think these holes are for alignment and the rust may be coming from the axle. Has anyone had a similar problem and is there any way to stop stop the rust coming through?
2A0C8556-AF64-4926-948C-D0C57CB91AEE.jpeg

What wheels are they,,?

Got a zoomed out pic?

Resurrecting this one. I've got just the same problem with my Calibre wheels - mine are the Exile-R model. Was the rust coming from the hub? Surely can't be my wheels as they're brand new.

@JamieBus It's water getting trapped betweent the back of the wheel & the face of the brake disk/hub.
The rust is from the disk gradually getting flung out through the hole in the wheel.

I had it on the 20" Tridents also. Nothing on the 18's I currently have or on Devonport 17's.
It must be to do whith where these holes are on specific wheels IMO

Last edited:
On some wheels these holes open into a big recess on the fitting face, where the water seems to 'pool'. Presumably this is a weight saving thing in the casting design.
That's what it looked like to me on the 20" Tridents.
It's maybe similar on yours.

My current 18's still have similar holes but don't seem to get the same rust issue.
I've not looked to see if they open into a casting recess TBH:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back