Alloy size, how do I find it out?

Scuttle

My alloys are on
They have 265/40/20 tyres in them

They are

20" Velare VLR-07

For the life of me I can’t find out if they are 8j or 10j.

If 8 then I have the wrong tyres on them

I’ve done 20k miles so not expecting them to explode on me, I wear thru them quickly tho so I’m always asking about them, I just know very little about em/wheels

I have VLR07's, but just to confuse I have 8.5's on the front and 10's on the back. Those numbers are stamped into the rear of the wheel. Have a look! If you can't see I'll take a photo of one of my spare 10's in the garage...

OK, for completeness sake this is the back of a repaired (welded) Velare VLR07 wheel. Just had to clean the crud from where the size is marked, around the centre. Hope this helps!

20240424_201618.jpg

I have 275/40's on the rear on 10's, and 245/45's on the front 8.5. Initially I had 275/35's all round which was just wrong, I had 2 cracked alloys because of those 35's one front one back. Both welded up well, but £320 a wheel was painful. At least I have 2 'if I'm desperate' spares, front and back.

Holy shiz! That’s where it is

That’ll be a tyre off for me on sun then!

What tyres do you have front back?

Mine aren’t staggered I know that much

245's for my front 8.5's were recommended to me by Steve @CRS Performance in the Cannock. 275's for the rear on 10's. The 275's fitted happily on the front 8.5's originally but really are too wide, you may or may not (in my case) get rubbing with such a wide tyre. 8.5's all round I would say 245's are plenty, perhaps a 255 on the back..? Happy to be corrected by the tyre God's! My current set up works perfectly with Steve's suspension set up. I've had issues with the Velare centre caps oxidising and flaking but @Leemondo12 created a little something for me!

20240421_112849.jpg

Yep mine just rub on the front full lock so thinking of dropping them a size down. Also only getting 10K on a set so something is wrong

If you can stretch to £250 a corner, Michelin Cross Climate 2 SUV's seem to be (after 5000 miles) a longer lasting tyre than the Incontinental offering I used before, also Pirelli didn't fare well, wear very quickly even after a Hunter alignment procedure.

Oh dude your centre caps are epic? How’d you get them? Love the doggo photobomb
Drop @Leemondo12 a PM, he has the VLR07 set up all ready to go, shouldn't take too long to create. They fit well but you may need a little silicone sealant to stick them in. You can choose a design too! @BoroBoy has just had some blue ones created which look great, on his blue themed van.

Last edited:
So you reckon 245/45/20 MicCc2’s all round?

I have bilstein b14, lowered by 40mm
Just check your rear wheels are indeed what you think they are! Personally I would go a bit wider on the back, can you get a 255?

Back