All cleaned up BUT...

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Another flaming set of scratches on the bonnet! Been fine for over a year then in the last week a load appeared on the side of the bonnet, now some on the front lower edge. Can't work out how they were caused - wondering if an animal has taken a fancy to it! Luckily I have Chipex on the way...

Anyway still gave it and the other car (I won't mention the name of it in case it upsets @Fish :whistle: ) a damned good cleaning. Looking quite good now I reckon. I removed the "homely" rugs we use in the living area for the clean - plus the rubber foot mats one of which has slightly ripped (drivers side, where the clutch foot rest is - ARGHHH!!!!)!!

18268390_10154435083727805_4257357473916148682_n.jpg

18301934_10154435083732805_8103920117092827324_n.jpg

Another flaming set of scratches on the bonnet! Been fine for over a year then in the last week a load appeared on the side of the bonnet, now some on the front lower edge. Can't work out how they were caused - wondering if an animal has taken a fancy to it! Luckily I have Chipex on the way...

Anyway still gave it and the other car (I won't mention the name of it in case it upsets @Fish :whistle: ) a damned good cleaning. Looking quite good now I reckon. I removed the "homely" rugs we use in the living area for the clean - plus the rubber foot mats one of which has slightly ripped (drivers side, where the clutch foot rest is - ARGHHH!!!!)!!

View attachment 7943

View attachment 7944
Ooh look; is that a 1 series BM parked in front of your Cali @Polzeylad?:rofl:;):whistle:

View attachment 7943

View attachment 7944

Must say, good effort keeping the light coloured interior clean mate.. far better than I could..

Must say, good effort keeping the light coloured interior clean mate.. far better than I could..
Cheers.
Light interior plus carpets in a camper is a bit daft (thanks VW...) but it does help stop it being too dark and gloomy.

Well the Chipex paint is currently drying. Slightly nerve racking on such a new van but the colour match looks perfect.

Will do before and after photos if it works out okay...!

One tip... Wet a finger and wipe the scratch, if it disappears momentarily, it's a light scratch in the topcoat (lacquer ) and will probably buff out with compound.. (Gently).. If not, it's a repair..

Yep these are quite deep. Convinced they are from a dog or cat jumping up but no idea when it happened; both very recent though.

Looks good on the picture, very scent color match.
However me personally I would have wet sanded them then polished first. Lacquer in these vans are quite thick.

@RattyMcClelland what do you reckon Chips Away could go? The bonnet scuff/light scratches are proving a PITA to sort.

Also got a few marks/scuffs on the BM too. Had a quote from a bodyshop and it's £600; they seem to want to respray most of the car!

Depends on the franchisees skill set and what service he/she offers like mobile or car care centre for bigger jobs.
I'm mobile only and don't respray bonnets outside due to the environment and dust....or any flat sky facing panel.
Only exceptions on bonnets are if I can take them on and hang vertically.
I reckon those scratches might improve with a wet sand and a polish.

I can't speak for youre local guy so it really depends on how experienced they are.

Yeah, know what your saying, and I agree, I'd personally use 1500, then 3000, never liked the perfect it, prefer the G3, then for clean up, final finesse it, but then we are used to the systems..

Back