Looking to buy T6 kombi, will it smell like dog?

Partly depends on the dog, and how regularly they cleaned the van. Wouldn't put me off regardless as you can get rid of the smell with a good clean, some air fresheners and a little time. Especially as you mention a seat cover is fitted.

I'm sightly biased as we have a dog but equally I hate the idea of a vehicle or house smelling of dog!

We have a whippet so he has short hair and neither vehicle or house smell. We've got friends with bigger dogs (and/or longer haired dogs) and it's definitely noticeable.

If the van looks good with this aside, I'd go for it!

For anyone interested, I bought the second van. Absolutely love it, just picked it up today. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Now then, anyone want to swap some wheels?
nice one! The wheels are a unique taste. You could always looks to have them refurbished and powder coated? may be a cost effective solution?

Top tip!

Clean all the plastic and rubber surfaces with Zaflora. It cleans, disinfects and leaves a nice smell.
As for and carpeted parts, do you have a portable Vax ? They are useful for upholstery etc...

Partly depends on the dog, and how regularly they cleaned the van. Wouldn't put me off regardless as you can get rid of the smell with a good clean, some air fresheners and a little time. Especially as you mention a seat cover is fitted.

I'm sightly biased as we have a dog but equally I hate the idea of a vehicle or house smelling of dog!

We have a whippet so he has short hair and neither vehicle or house smell. We've got friends with bigger dogs (and/or longer haired dogs) and it's definitely noticeable.

If the van looks good with this aside, I'd go for it!
100% agree it depends on the type of dog. Got 2 whippets (soon to be 3 :oops:) constantly in mine, and you wouldn't know. Mate of mine has labs, and you can defo tell the difference :D

Back