Alignment Help

dandan88

VIP Member
T6 Guru
guys

could any of you kind gentlemen point me in the right direction of some good wheel allignment, I say good because I've only had a bad experience.

im in kent, any help or advice would be most appreciated

legend

did you go here yourself? had a mere today at one I went to, don't think they knew what was going on but walked away disappointed

Elite were straightforward to deal with and seemed to know what was going on. Recommended.

As mentioned elsewhere, you do need to tell them to put it on the machine as 'No Load' though to get the best results (unless of course your van IS fully laden with stuff that would normally not be in it...).

I didn't do this but when I went back a week later to query it they did it all again free of charge. It didn't make a massive amount of difference in my case but we are probably all perfectionists!

indeed two tone,

is this elite in dartford or the one in Essex? it was set unladen when I went today, but the guy was just milling around the machine asking me what the van was and the said "I can't adjust the toe anymore and its miles out so I don't really know what to say I think you need figures from the suspension manufacturer or we can't really do it" "we need to do the rear first because it drives from the rear, if we can't sort the rear then there's no point doing the front at all"

appreciate your help lads

The one I went to in the right up is the Rainham, essex, (a1306).

Not far from the Dartford Crossing.

cheers dell

working in Essex atm so will pop in tomorrow after work. lets see

thanks for your help and responses

As above, these guys: Car Tyres, Alloy Wheels & Performance Parts | Elite Direct

Rainham way but really just over the bridge from Dartford.

I am not sure what 'drives from the rear' means but it is true that most seem to have issues with the rear toe increasing tyre wear when the ride height is changed. Having said that, unless you are really quite low you should be nowhere near the limit of the VW engineered adjustment range. It's only if you go quite low (>70mm drop so more than what a B14 setup would allow for instance) that you start to reach the limits of what the VW engineers envisioned...

Good luck with it all.

Ok sounds what I wanted to hear,

Shall see what they say tomorrow, only on 50mm but sure he said the toe wouldn’t come in to the green area, it pulls to the left and vibrates over 65mph so want to get it sorted

Regards for your help

Back