rear end wobble

Slackerpage

VIP Member
Hello Guys,

My t6 seems to be wiggling its rear end when it hits a pothole, man hole cover. I have just had the 4 wheel alignment done (all though im not sure its been done correctly) and all though its better its still not right.
van is a full camper on solows, all springs look ok, none broken or sagging and i cant really here any rattles apart from the rock and roll.
any ideas where to start, van on 76k miles t30 highline

thanks for any advice you can give

Reactions: CJW
Can you post your alignment figures? Solows do push the limits in a couple of areas and if the alignment hasn't been set accurately I can well imagine some odd behaviour. Has it always wiggled since fitting the Solows or has it recently got worse?
Failing that, how are the rear bushes?

Can you post your alignment figures? Solows do push the limits in a couple of areas and if the alignment hasn't been set accurately I can well imagine some odd behaviour. Has it always wiggled since fitting the Solows or has it recently got worse?
Failing that, how are the rear bushes?
I wish I could mate, but I wasn't given one.
Along with being told the nsf was seized so couldn't be adjusted.
Still charged me for a 4 wheel alignment though not 2.
I have inflated the tyres more (19" amaroks) and it does feel better.
I do wonder if what makes it feel worse is the condition of the roads currently.
It didn't wiggle initially, had the solows on probably 8 months l, only started to wiggle last 6-8 weeks
Bushes look OK, been told by a vw mechanic that it's very unlikely to be these due to mileage and age.
Think I'll speak to the garage tomorrow see if they can provide me with the report

Just thought - is the weight evenly distributed in the camper?
As well as it can be I suppose, rock and roll bed and kitchen units, van looks OK to the eye. I've measured the heights of both rear arches and they are both equal.

Reactions: CJW
I wish I could mate, but I wasn't given one.
Along with being told the nsf was seized so couldn't be adjusted.
Still charged me for a 4 wheel alignment though not 2.
I have inflated the tyres more (19" amaroks) and it does feel better.
I do wonder if what makes it feel worse is the condition of the roads currently.
It didn't wiggle initially, had the solows on probably 8 months l, only started to wiggle last 6-8 weeks
Bushes look OK, been told by a vw mechanic that it's very unlikely to be these due to mileage and age.
Think I'll speak to the garage tomorrow see if they can provide me with the report
How low is the van and have the bump stops been modified. ? If the van is Very low it’s very difficult for alignment companies to get the tracking right particularly on the rear , There is only toe that can be adjusted unless special adjustable bushes are fitted. , excessive rear tyre wear is usually the indication that the rear isn’t aligned properly.
The sudden wobble could be a failing shock if it was ok and suddenly deteriorated , probably easiest way to check is take them out and check to see.
If you are anywhere near the midlands. Pop in and let us check the rear alignment properly. A lot of. Alignment companies. Aren’t geared up to test low vans due to the limitations the alignment machine might have

Back