Alarm going off, with no apparent reason. Or so i thought!

hoggle

VIP Member
T6 Pro
This afternoon, i was sitting in the house and the alarm went off in the Van. Naturally, i ran out expecting to confront someone tampering with it. The alarm had stopped by the time i got out, but the lights were still flashing. When i got there, there was no one about.
So i opened it up and climbed inside, and sat for a while scratching my head as to why it had gone off. And then thought maybe i had a problem starting regarding the alarm going off it's self. Then out the corner of my Eye, i spotted the culprit (well i hope i have). An Inch and a half Beetle started climbing up the passenger side window.
I know the Van has motion sensors inside, so i presume that it was the Beetle flying about that triggered the sensor.
Has anyone else had this sort of thing happening, with an Insect etc triggering the alarm?

Pedro

Sock Model
VIP Member
T6 Guru
This afternoon, i was sitting in the house and the alarm went off in the Van. Naturally, i ran out expecting to confront someone tampering with it. The alarm had stopped by the time i got out, but the lights were still flashing. When i got there, there was no one about.
So i opened it up and climbed inside, and sat for a while scratching my head as to why it had gone off. And then thought maybe i had a problem starting regarding the alarm going off it's self. Then out the corner of my Eye, i spotted the culprit (well i hope i have). An Inch and a half Beetle started climbing up the passenger side window.
I know the Van has motion sensors inside, so i presume that it was the Beetle flying about that triggered the sensor.
Has anyone else had this sort of thing happening, with an Insect etc triggering the alarm?
Yes, with a moth.......

JasonW

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
There's a ghost in mine, it hasn't triggered the alarm yet though... ;) But I know he's keeping an eye on things so i can sleep easy...

JasonW

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Remember that you have the motion sensor button on the pillar inside the drivers door which you can dis-able if need be.. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

hoggle

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So, having Ghost installed will stop flying Insects etc from triggering the motion sensor? Really?

JasonW

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Nope, but it'll help you sleep easier....

Try dis-abling the motion sensor as suggested... :thumbsup: