Alarm going off, with no apparent reason. Or so i thought!

hoggle

VIP Member
T6 Guru
This afternoon, i was sitting in the house and the alarm went off in the Van. Naturally, i ran out expecting to confront someone tampering with it. The alarm had stopped by the time i got out, but the lights were still flashing. When i got there, there was no one about.
So i opened it up and climbed inside, and sat for a while scratching my head as to why it had gone off. And then thought maybe i had a problem starting regarding the alarm going off it's self. Then out the corner of my Eye, i spotted the culprit (well i hope i have). An Inch and a half Beetle started climbing up the passenger side window.
I know the Van has motion sensors inside, so i presume that it was the Beetle flying about that triggered the sensor.
Has anyone else had this sort of thing happening, with an Insect etc triggering the alarm?

This afternoon, i was sitting in the house and the alarm went off in the Van. Naturally, i ran out expecting to confront someone tampering with it. The alarm had stopped by the time i got out, but the lights were still flashing. When i got there, there was no one about.
So i opened it up and climbed inside, and sat for a while scratching my head as to why it had gone off. And then thought maybe i had a problem starting regarding the alarm going off it's self. Then out the corner of my Eye, i spotted the culprit (well i hope i have). An Inch and a half Beetle started climbing up the passenger side window.
I know the Van has motion sensors inside, so i presume that it was the Beetle flying about that triggered the sensor.
Has anyone else had this sort of thing happening, with an Insect etc triggering the alarm?
Yes, with a moth.......

There's a ghost in mine, it hasn't triggered the alarm yet though... ;) But I know he's keeping an eye on things so i can sleep easy...

Remember that you have the motion sensor button on the pillar inside the drivers door which you can dis-able if need be.. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, having Ghost installed will stop flying Insects etc from triggering the motion sensor? Really?

Nope, but it'll help you sleep easier....

Try dis-abling the motion sensor as suggested... :thumbsup:

Back