Airbag light resistor cheat

Without me sounding daft is this mod just a case of pushing these into the yellow connector?
how do they stay in? And do you cover them with insulation tape was fitted
thanks
Paul
I found just pushing the prongs in wasn't secure enough, the prongs wanted to pop out of the connector sideways. I folded the pins back on themselves then inserted them, which made them stay put. Just folded the remainder against the yellow plug and taped them

Without me sounding daft is this mod just a case of pushing these into the yellow connector?
how do they stay in? And do you cover them with insulation tape was fitted
thanks
Paul
Yes I pushed them in but put them into a clear plastic pouch and zip tied the whole lot together, then tucked it under the cab carpet.

My light came on again. I found the original resistors and replaced it. It didn't clear the fault. My garage found the measured value on his computer was 1.9 ohms despite the 2.7 ohm resistor. I replaced the replacement with the original and it allowed the fault to be cleared.
But today the dog stood in the gap between the seats and the airbag light came on...
I think I need to solder the resistor in...

Newbie question. I have front bench seat on my t6.1 with occupancy sensors, no airbags. I want to fit a swivel base and need to frig the occupancy sensors so I can fit under the floor. Is this thread relevant to my issue?

Back