Agm or gel? I dont want to go lithium

Pummer67

T6 Pro
So I need to replace my leisure battery. I want to maintain the height of 240mm to top of posts but can go bigger on battery length and width. I dont know whether to go agm or gel. I currently have 110ah sealed lead acid. I was going to go bigger to like 200ah as we never really use hookup. We have 130watt solar panel. Pretty much just needs to run fridge and led lights, phone charging and in colder months a gas heater which is only a fan so our use is minimal I would just like to go unaided for a longer duration. I was thinking to get a second solar panel but would need to upgrade controller aswell but I mainly want to know which type of battery and any suggestions on brand to use.

As I understand it the advantage of AGM or gel, is that they are better for high bursts of amps are involved - starter battery. Gel batteries are good for slow discharge rates - good for your situation I guess. Gel are fussy with charging though and need a regulator if charging from an alternator. Guessing yours would be DC-DC though so probably not an issue. Unless gel are cheaper, go for AGM I reckon.

Back