Aftermarket Stereo - Support For Parkassist?

walnuts

Hey all, my T6 has rear parking sensors and the basic DAB (non-satnav) headunit. Are there any after market stereos (Kenwood/Pioneer/whoever) out there that will retain support for the sensors?

Cheers.

I believe that the PDC system and sensors will still work regardless of what head unit you have as the beeping sounds come from the BCM speaker in the dash and not via the head unit and van speakers.. (if thats what you were referring to?)

The OEM head unit will give you the additional visual indication.

i dont believe any 3rd party head-units will pickup the CAN signals for PDC.

i could be wrong . . . . . but i think that right.

Hey all, my T6 has rear parking sensors and the basic DAB (non-satnav) headunit. Are there any after market stereos (Kenwood/Pioneer/whoever) out there that will retain support for the sensors?

Cheers.
There are Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine units that work with PDC. Speak to @Absolut5 who'll give you the best options

@Absolut5 Could you drop me a PM with a quote for a couple of options here, both Kenwood and Pioneer, along with the necessary bits to fit it? Be interested to know the cheapest head unit that can do this, along with your "recommended model".

I'm also keen to add a reverse camera to the van, most likely the VW OEM camera from the Forum shop, unless you can suggest an alternative?

Thanks!

Wooooow you can have little arrows on the dash!

I was about to ask the exact question the OP asked. Any chance you could put up the model you used yourself with any extras you needed to make it all work?

All the Kenwood DNX range will do park assist and MFD sat nav directions as well as the Alpine X802du when used with the Kenwood harness,

If you install any of them then you can retain the usb, dab aerial in the mirror and of course the fm aerials,

What stereo Sat Nav can I put in my T5 and will it still work my censors
At the mo I have a single stereo

What stereo Sat Nav can I put in my T5 and will it still work my censors
At the mo I have a single stereo
The Kenwood DNX range, the Pioneer AVIC range and some Alpines, all these will require their own interface

Any other touchscreen unit dosent have the ability unless you use a aftermarket box, which plugs into the camera socket, they are expensive and a bit hit and miss

Hi absolut5. I have a similar query. Spilt a drink onto my stereo and kapur. T6 with rear sensors but no sat nav. Could you PM me some options to replace? Thank you

Hi absolut5. I have a similar query. Spilt a drink onto my stereo and kapur. T6 with rear sensors but no sat nav. Could you PM me some options to replace? Thank you

The Kenwood DNX and Pioneer Avic range all do the parking sensors also the Alpine halo9 and X802du

Hi absolut5. T6 (67 plate) camper converted Highline (barn door variety) with the Composition Colour head unit, looking to add a rear camera (preferably 3rd brakelight mounted with the option to be used as an always on rear view as visibility out the back is a bit rubbish and would be better with a bike rack on). It currently has rear parking sensors. I pick the van up from the dealer middle of next week..yay!
Wondering what my options are, ie would like to retain the front(if installed) and rear (currently installled OEM) graphic and sounds, and have the camera working and displayed in the head unit. So I am assuming a new head unit would be required. Definitely want the reversing camera capability (as I have this in my SEAT Leon, + front and rear sensors and its blimmin great), be nice to have the always on option but not completely necessary. Would like to retain steering wheel controls, bluetooth and android auto for satnav etc. Feel free to IM me as I am not all that far from you (just East of Brighton) and can travel for fitting. I know I'm asking a lot!

Sorry to bring all this up again, but what conclusions did you all come too? I'm looking to replace my basic VW unit, but still want the parking sensors to show up, and a SD card input or two usbs, but I'm struggling. I don't need sat-nav but when I start looking at the different models, it seems you can have this but not that, etc etc, and it's all adding up very quickly. Soo...., I want Carplay, Dab, extra music storage (2 usbs or SD card) and parking sensors, and I want it now, and I want it cheap! (I'm a Yorkshireman)

Another question as well regaridng DAB aerials can these be retro fitted into the mirrors? if im changing from a basic OEM unit to a DAB enabled one?

Sorry to bring all this up again, but what conclusions did you all come too? I'm looking to replace my basic VW unit, but still want the parking sensors to show up, and a SD card input or two usbs, but I'm struggling. I don't need sat-nav but when I start looking at the different models, it seems you can have this but not that, etc etc, and it's all adding up very quickly. Soo...., I want Carplay, Dab, extra music storage (2 usbs or SD card) and parking sensors, and I want it now, and I want it cheap! (I'm a Yorkshireman)

You can get a unit from Pioneer with all the features you need

AVH-Z9200DAB

Another question as well regaridng DAB aerials can these be retro fitted into the mirrors? if im changing from a basic OEM unit to a DAB enabled one?

Is it a shuttle?

Yes you can but a roof mount will perform vastly greater

Back