Advice with dealer problem ??

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Evening all,

My van started getting a metallic / rattly sound from the O/S front when at slow speeds and more so when going into reverse. I took it back to the dealer and the technician said suspected driveshaft after a run up the road.
So I book it in for 4 weeks later, on the day its due in I get a call....or a couple of calls of what I believe to be utter B*****ks. ( now due to not keeping it in my pants I have a 9 seater shuttle so said I need at least 7 seater while mine is in for repair )
1st call: sorry the Vehicle you was due to have has been in an accident and have no other 7 seater available.
So I later call back and say I can take a normal car if they can do it. Dealer said he will see what he can do.

2nd call: No with have no cars available but do have a van with 3 seats and they can get it done before I need the 7 seats....I accept happy days.

3rd call ( now this is where he F**ks himself up)
Umm really sorry we have the wrong driveshaft in ( 1st bearing in mind it's been booked in for 4 weeks you would of thought they might of noticed sooner but also at this point they don't have my van so how does he know 100% it's wrong ) I then start throwing my toys out the pram and then the story changes again that apparently they haven't Evan got a driveshaft at all and there are NONE in the UK and they are on Backorder until an unknown time!

(ALL 3 OF THESE CALLS ARE ON THE SAME DAY )

At this point I make it known I'm not happy and he tells me they will keep trying to order and let me know as soon as they get it.

It has now been nearly 8 weeks since the day it was booked in for and still nothing. So can anyone tell me what is best course of action would be?
Can I demand a replacement vehicle from them, rent one myself and bill them etc. Getting nothing from the dealer can I take this hire ?
And what about the possible other damage it's causing?

Cheers guys n girls

No idea on what your answer. But really feel you pain.. I would be in their office and not going anywhere without a reasonable agreement, in my favour.

@MrTesco not only call VW Assist but also put in a complaint to VW Customer Care about the shoddy treatment by this Dealership as it is unacceptable :thumbsdown:. I am presuming that you have also complained to the Dealership management to no avail, it certainly seems that the attitude stems from the top since, had they not got a suitable vehicle, they should have hired one in as it is warranty work. :mad:

Cheers for the replies so far.
I've not managed to speak to management yet due to work commitments, The van is going into the bodyshop Monday after a numpty left there handbrake off and their car rolled and hit mine but soon as it's back I shall start the ball rolling again.

Back