Advice On Buying High Mileage T6 Please.

Bart_K

Hi

Thinking of buying a high mileage (100k+) high spec T6 DSG (shuttle) 2016+.

What should I particularly look for when buying this sort of van?

I own T6 6 speed manual now so had couple of issues already all sorted under warranty but I will be buying a van that's off the warranty now so a bit of a risk here so what should I be checking first? Looking for a DSG only.
I will be doing about 40k a year and will service it properly for sure.

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks

Wouldn't worry about the mileage ,ad be more interested how the owner has looked after it , When I bought my 2016 shuttle it was in the 90k mark , made sure service history was up to date including dsg at every 40k and because mine was used by the owner of a bed and breakfast I felt it was well looked after when I asked alot of questions about how it was used , make sure all electronics work inside including rear heating ,all seats in back fold correctly etc unfortunately mine had a few scratches and two small dings and some chips on bonnet, one thing to remember is alot of 2016 transporters were euro 5,s but all shuttles seam to be euro 6 t32 150 just incase you were looking for a euro 5 setup , I have had one fault with mine and it was a sticky inlet valve and it would cause it to go into limp mode , a forte fuel cleaner later and it's been all good ,also use premium fuel aswell for that reason but am not sure if previous owner did ,if looked after it will easily do the 100k over again

Wouldn't worry about the mileage ,ad be more interested how the owner has looked after it , When I bought my 2016 shuttle it was in the 90k mark , made sure service history was up to date including dsg at every 40k and because mine was used by the owner of a bed and breakfast I felt it was well looked after when I asked alot of questions about how it was used , make sure all electronics work inside including rear heating ,all seats in back fold correctly etc unfortunately mine had a few scratches and two small dings and some chips on bonnet, one thing to remember is alot of 2016 transporters were euro 5,s but all shuttles seam to be euro 6 t32 150 just incase you were looking for a euro 5 setup , I have had one fault with mine and it was a sticky inlet valve and it would cause it to go into limp mode , a forte fuel cleaner later and it's been all good ,also use premium fuel aswell for that reason but am not sure if previous owner did ,if looked after it will easily do the 100k over again
Wow! Thanks a lot for you advice and time :) will do a proper checks, I'm thinking of Euro 6 but tbh I might be driving to Central London once in a month so its more for the future. There are a couple of 204 DSG out there slightly worried about fuel consumption but would love the extra power sometimes, most of the journeys I'll be doing on motorway at about 62mph anyway (that's what I do now) just above HGVs speed

I dont think there are any T6 Shuttles with a euro 5 motor. The euro 6 engine was introduced in the passenger carriers much earlier than the van variants. I think it was right from the off. I'll happily stand corrected if anyones got one though.

Back