Additional interior LED lighting doesn’t turn off when engine is running.

Gareth Graham

VIP Member
Ok you clever people. im in the proicess of converting a T6 for dog transportation and want to add additional LED lighting to the cages that will opperate as the current interior lights do. I've tapped into the current loom and all works corrctly until I turn the ignition on / start the engine, at this point the additional LEDs turn on permonatly. is there a way round this??

thanks in advance

Gareth

Ok you clever people. im in the proicess of converting a T6 for dog transportation and want to add additional LED lighting to the cages that will opperate as the current interior lights do. I've tapped into the current loom and all works corrctly until I turn the ignition on / start the engine, at this point the additional LEDs turn on permonatly. is there a way round this??

thanks in advance

Gareth
Which colour wires have you connected your new lights to? Can you post a photo?

Thanks for the reply Deaky, I've gone into the loom near the plug for one of the interior lights in the rear, colours are red / black and brown. See picture below

Thanks again

Gareth

20201129_092615.jpg

Brown is permanent -ve. Connect to the brown/red instead. This one is switched by the doors.

Last edited:
The positive red/black wire is timed and will eventually turn off. It wakes again when you unlock the van which is why you perceive your lights to be functioning correctly. It doesn’t turn off when the ignition is on, hence your lights staying on

Back