ABT Replacement for clearance

eddie_iom

First of all; Hello (first post and all that)

My 2016 T6 has the full ABT body kit which I absolutely love but sadly the van had an unfortunate meeting with a curb, cracking the splitter, grill and apparently also losing the badge :mad: (not me driving).

I was looking at just replacing like for like but actually I've had a few issues with clearance and driving up steep driveways (and the ramp onto the ferry) so am thinking of an alternative with a little bit more clearance. Can anyone recommend anything? I was looking at the Sportline front end but I don't think it will solve my clearance issue.

The van had new suspension fitted by the previous owner which makes it even lower. I love how it looks but I just need an extra inch or two of clearance.

All suggestions/advice welcome.

PXL_20210215_134353257.jpg

PXL_20210215_134250653.jpg

I’ve got the same splitter, I’ve bashed and broken three, plus had repairs done to them all after incidents with kerbs, speed bumps etc.

You look a fair bit higher than mine too...

Van Haven do a nice splitter, I’ve been tempted myself.

9774-E904-7-DE8-4-C9-F-8251-A95888638779.jpg
22-A46-F78-749-E-4165-B4-DE-50-AA38-FB4479.jpg

I am waiting on @ChrisR to
work his magic but I do like the VH lower bumper.

@JasonW is that with a splitter?

I'm scared of bashing my splitter and it's nowhere that low, I would love to have mine lower but just can't around where i am.

Wow you got a bloody bargain @JasonW. I would have jumped at the chance like you did.

I managed to catch my WOC splitter a few weeks back due to a misjudgment by me and need to find a replacement so watching with interest. I won’t be changing it until we move house since it has a steep driveway and I may have to remove it completely?

How much is your van lowered @T6Paul .?

I didn't think the world of carbon splitter was that deep compared to the ABT or Sportine ones which look like they have a lot less kerb height clearance.

Its on B14's I clipped the corner on a steep soil embankment trying to turn in the road and have chipped the side of it. It's not that low but it projects out enough to be quite vulnerable to damage, it just goes over a standard height kerb... I'm considering the Van style one as replacement, it isn't that common but it looked good on T6180's Oryx van last year and generated a lot of positive comments at Caffeine and Machine.

I managed to catch my WOC splitter a few weeks back due to a misjudgment by me and need to find a replacement so watching with interest. I won’t be changing it until we move house since it has a steep driveway and I may have to remove it completely?
Oh the sport you could have with Mrs @T6Paul dropping a hint that you can’t move as the drive doesn’t suit your splitter....!

To be fair, the house is hopefully going to be our forever home! I can sort the van easily with a different splitter or raising it slightly but I'm actually very worried I wont get my Porsche up the drive due to the steep angle it meets the road. That would mean getting the driveway dug out and re-profiled...

I know a lot of people think the sportline is ugly but keep thinking I wanna change my Leighton Vans front for one. People have told me I must be mad lol

To be fair, the house is hopefully going to be our forever home! I can sort the van easily with a different splitter or raising it slightly but I'm actually very worried I wont get my Porsche up the drive due to the steep angle it meets the road. That would mean getting the driveway dug out and re-profiled...
Maybe incorporate a nice little hairpin bend...?!!!

I know a lot of people think the sportline is ugly but keep thinking I wanna change my Leighton Vans front for one. People have told me I must be mad lol
I think on the right colour van it looks good.. Black or midnight blue really compliments the sport line splitter

Its on B14's I clipped the corner on a steep soil embankment trying to turn in the road and have chipped the side of it. It's not that low but it projects out enough to be quite vulnerable to damage, it just goes over a standard height kerb... I'm considering the Van style one as replacement, it isn't that common but it looked good on T6180's Oryx van last year and generated a lot of positive comments at Caffeine and Machine.
That splitter did look good on that van and I think it would look good on yours too Paul. Yours is standard textured plastic Caravelle grille and fog surrounds isn't it? No gloss? That splitter looks really good on vans with the textured black front end plastics, it's a nice understated splitter that says just enough to those that know the difference, to make it stand out from something standard.

That splitter did look good on that van and I think it would look good on yours too Paul. Yours is standard textured plastic Caravelle grille and fog surrounds isn't it? No gloss? That splitter looks really good on vans with the textured black front end plastics, it's a nice understated splitter that says just enough to those that know the difference, to make it stand out from something standard.
Yes, that's exactly my front end Chris.

Back