Aboyne Campervans.

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hello.

Long shot I know but has anyone used Aboyne Campervans in the North of Scotland??

The company I was going to have had some difficulties so we need to go to another converter. This one is quite close to us (location wise) but there isn't really much information on them.

Thanks in advance.

Inspect their work.. look at the demo..
Get inside and behind the cupboards.. not just the pretty fronts.. see how things are fixed and jointed etc.

Good luck.

Check their electrical installation, fixings and terminations... always an indication of quality..

Thanks for the replies. We are going to take my dad with us so he can look at the complicated stuff like electrics.

This is what he uses.... i have no ideas what a lot of it means but assume it is good quality stuff.

Thanks again for the replies. I will make sure to look at the back of the cupboards and will ask my dad to look at the electrics.
:)

Screenshot_20190624-090855.png

Screenshot_20190624-090845.png

Thanks for the replies. We are going to take my dad with us so he can look at the complicated stuff like electrics.

This is what he uses.... i have no ideas what a lot of it means but assume it is good quality stuff.

Thanks again for the replies. I will make sure to look at the back of the cupboards and will ask my dad to look at the electrics.
:)

View attachment 45951

View attachment 45952
As the gents above have said, check out their work as the above is very generic and about as much use to a mark of their quality as is reading the spec of your van -
you know what you’re buying, but just how well made is it, exactly?

Do they cover panels when cutting metal, or just go all cowboy with the angle-grinder?

Do they solder and insulate joints in cable, or do they just use chocolate blocks?

Do they use the correctly rated cable, or just daisy-chain speaker wire together?

Do the cabinets open and close as they should, or are they kinked and on the piss?

Do they cut the floor to fit, or just cut the floor badly?

Wander around their workshop whilst they’ve got another build on the go and see what’s behind all the panel work, vinyl and carpet.

also, have a look at some of the complaints on forums about build quality - see what you don’t want in your van, so you know what should be flagging up as cheap / poor / dangerous.

Back