A/T Tyres on OEM rims

CamperMoo

I have a T32 T6 that I want to put BF Goodrich 245/65/17 on the standard rims. It currently runs 215/60/17. Has anyone done similar? Just looking for success stories really? Thanks

You're very welcome, I'm no expert on things T6 but I usually find the answer from the many experts who use this forum!
Looking at your query it seems that many have fitted 245/65/17 BFG's to various wheels, I just don't know if they are too wide for your wheels, being 30mm wider than your current tyres.

I've seen them on these rims so know it's possible, just after some experienced feedback. I'll post some pics and feedback myself if I take the plunge IMG_20200222_141511.jpg

TOOK THE PLUNGE.......
After much deliberation I've gone down the BFG route and very happy with the result.
Concern 1. Road noise. No noticable difference
Concern 2. Ride quality. The bus drives better, much smoother and feels more planted
Having gone from 215/60/17 to 225/65/17 there are no Speedo issues. GPS shows identical speed to the bus Speedo which I was surprised about but great news

Arches now full and the bus look complete

20200613_202056.jpg

20200613_201909.jpg

I’m also considering the jump to the BFG’s. Could I ask which brand of 215’s you had on, and their load rating, if you know??

Thanks very much for that. I’m running continental 109/107’s. So would expect similar results to you. New tyres for me then!!!

They are a great fit for the van we have had ours on for over 30000km over sand, 4x4 tracks, corrugated dirt roads and they are still doing well, they do get noisey after a bit of wear, but all all terrain type tires I've had do.

Im thinking i can get another 15000-20000km out of these.

But having the speedo almost spot on is great, ours runs 1km over

I have a T32 and was considering the BFG 225/65/17s but the tyre fitting garage advises against as the speed rating at 'S' isn't high enough? What is the thinking on this please? My insurers seemed ok with it when I called a few months ago. Is it legal to run an 'S' rated tyre on a T32? Any help gratefully received....

well i can't help you as we are limited to 130kmh here and 180km S rated tires are legal in Aus

But considering that you can't legally drive the car more than the rated specs of a S spec tire, i would imagine it would be ok.

The main thing is the load rating, id be hitting up the licensing department, they should have a guideline on tires

Barely notice any difference to ride and no difference in tyre noise so delighted with the result! Couple of decals to add in coming weeks but ready to go camping anywhere now, especially with the AMDRO KOMBI BED DOUBLE which we installed in February :D:D

Back