A Pillar Trim Re-fitting

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So as many have done before me I've had to remove the a-pillar trim to stash some cables.. anyone else have an opinion on how well the trim is supposed to go back .. is everyone just putting up with what I see in this pic or have I missed something? I'm not happy with the way it's fitting at all and wondering what to do or what I've done wrong.. can't seem to locate any clips that are not fitting at this point but there must be something that is supposed to clip it in tighter ?uYxg3JTiR7yIBXkRjvxa%A.jpg

Is the upper plastic stud definitely lined up with its hole? They can move on their mounting and if not in the hole they can just bend when you press the trim on. If both studs are properly in their holes then it may just need a whack at the top.

Have you tied the cables in place, one of them could also be getting the way?

Have you tied the cables in place, one of them could also be getting the way?
Definitely this! Nothing pulls them down but they sit flush when nothing is pushing them away

Definitely this! Nothing pulls them down but they sit flush when nothing is pushing them away
Nah all cables are secured nice and tight with the existing cable loom so I..... cannot imagine that's what it is..but will defo have a double check on that. thanks for the input

I managed to get my dashcam cable poked in behind the A pillar and head lining without removing any trim, just used a trim tool to lever a small gap.

I managed to get my dashcam cable poked in behind the A pillar and head lining without removing any trim, just used a trim tool to lever a small gap.
Is the upper plastic stud definitely lined up with its hole? They can move on their mounting and if not in the hole they can just bend when you press the trim on. If both studs are properly in their holes then it may just need a whack at the top.
sorted it ! it was as you say the upper plastic stud, It had remained in the side of the van rather than in its slot on the plastic trim .. popped it out and after spending about 10 minutes trying to find the damn thing that had bounced all over the van.. i found it, put it back in its correct position in the trim and my A pillar is now as it should be...

Back