A Pillar Speaker Build - Worth it?

IndyT6

Hi - A question for the car audio team....

I'm looking to build a system for a LWB PV and really can't work out if there's value in forking for a pillar builds for tweeters and mids.
I'll be using a DSP, possibly stand alone possibly within an amp TBC. I understand the concept around time alignment, and can understand that the DSP will take care of that, but even so - without a pillar build I'll still have mid range firing at my knees, and high freq much higher.

Has anyone got experience of both using the factory locations with a component set up, vs putting smaller units in the pillars and a 6" or 8" mid bass in the doors?

Hi - A question for the car audio team....

I'm looking to build a system for a LWB PV and really can't work out if there's value in forking for a pillar builds for tweeters and mids.
I'll be using a DSP, possibly stand alone possibly within an amp TBC. I understand the concept around time alignment, and can understand that the DSP will take care of that, but even so - without a pillar build I'll still have mid range firing at my knees, and high freq much higher.

Has anyone got experience of both using the factory locations with a component set up, vs putting smaller units in the pillars and a 6" or 8" mid bass in the doors?

we have done high end audio with speakers mounted in custom mounts in various positions over many years. But many vehicle owners do not know how to listen to music, pinpointing vocals, instruments etc..
also music taste is another subject, had many give us a full debrief on what they want and the first thing they do after you done a demo is put on Dubstep, and crank the bass up
99% of vehicle owners are happy with standard locations.
Ta is centralising you in the middle of the stage

tweeter/mid in pillar , 6.5 “ door and a 10 “ sub running full active is a good combo

a good tweeter on its own, running active can run quite low to pull the midrange higher

Thanks for this - basically your last sentence goes to the heart of what I’m asking. I.e. if the mid and high frequency are miles apart TA will help with L/R staging and image of each frequency...but the integration won’t be so good. (I.e. HF high, mid range lower)

that’s very helpful - incidentally, I tried to call to discuss - will try again today.

Thanks for this - basically your last sentence goes to the heart of what I’m asking. I.e. if the mid and high frequency are miles apart TA will help with L/R staging and image of each frequency...but the integration won’t be so good. (I.e. HF high, mid range lower)

that’s very helpful - incidentally, I tried to call to discuss - will try again today.
Absolutely flat out and cannot get to the phone always and man down as well

Back