7 Months Of Owning My T6 Kombi

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I've been the proud owner of my ex demo T6 highline kombi for 7 months now and have some decisions to make!

This is my business vehicle so I've ordered some Sortimo Racking - ouch but it was the closest for what I wanted.

The noise level seems to high and I think its the side doors acting like sound boxes mainly to blame - how easy is it to remove the internal panels as I would like to fill them with loft insulation?

These are the clips - do they break?

VW Clip.jpg

And finally (for the moment) the sides seem to get marked by cars opening doors in carparks - are there any methods of "protection" that can be bought ?

Thanks

Probably worth using silent coat before insulation IMHO

The search engine is your friend... You'll make less mistakes and learn more too... ;-)

we used this >

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Coa...F8&qid=1536401617&sr=8-2&keywords=silent+coat

and this >

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Popamazing...F8&qid=1536401667&sr=8-6&keywords=silent+coat

see here >

Front speakers and sound proofing:
"Audio Upgrade Stage-1 . . . . Blam Relax 200rs Speakers From Skipton"
Audio Upgrade Stage-1 . . . . Blam Relax 200rs Speakers From Skipton.

but you can do the same on any panel you like.

Thanks for that ......... its a shame that VW don't provide this out of the factory .........

Thanks for that ......... its a shame that VW don't provide this out of the factory .........

They do....

But only in key places and a small amount.

After all it's heavy and expensive ....

Lol..

Yep and yep.

Loft insulation helps with heat Etc but not so much with the sound deadening.

The silent coat is best for that.

Loft insulation helps with heat Etc but not so much with the sound deadening.

The silent coat is best for that.

Well ............ I'm going to try it ........the insulation will reduce the amount of noise bouncing around in the rear doors ...... and will be a low cost "try"

I've already ordered a set of the tools shown above!

Back