4 zone downlights with remote controller

ArtD

As per tile, anybody know where to find such downlights (ensuring these are not big but for ceilling in my van) and I can control 4 zones with on/off option for each using remote controller. There is plenty of remote controllers for Led strips but not downlights, unless I should assume controllers would work for these too, but strip leds connect differently to controllers.

thanks for info

Can you not just use remote control switch to control the power supply to each zone?
There are several 12v remote controlled relay boxes (for want of a proper description) that will easily cover the low power draw of led lights.
Google "remote control 12v switch" for several ideas, if this is what you mean.

Can you not just use remote control switch to control the power supply to each zone?
There are several 12v remote controlled relay boxes (for want of a proper description) that will easily cover the low power draw of led lights.
Google "remote control 12v switch" for several ideas, if this is what you mean.
This is an option but limits to what I'm aiming for i.e. I want to use RGB downlights and this would force potentially two remote controlles to be used. I have found something like this:
relay.PNG

but don't want to put something untested into the installation. So the real challenge is to find receiver/controller that would take downlights and remote that will be compatibile with the receiver.

Just a thought as potential solution - each zone with individual receiver but paired to one remote controller and one switch prior fuse box to switch off all receivers at once when needed? Would that work?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you'd need two controllers if you just need on/off? One receiver with as many channels as you need would do it and would use just one remote.

Will these be the only lights in the ceiling and if so, are you hoping to run them from the interior light circuit?

I'm not sure why you'd need two controllers if you just need on/off? One receiver with as many channels as you need would do it and would use just one remote.

Will these be the only lights in the ceiling and if so, are you hoping to run them from the interior light circuit?
yes but difficult to find receiver with multiple channels. Circuit from LB

I need 2 zones minimum where one is on and one off (tailgate lights on while ceilling off and vice-versa)

If you want to use RGB down lights remember that the "white" is colour mixed and normally not very good. It will cause odd colour shifts and will be very tiring on the eyes if your only illumination.

If only illumination try and use the 4 channel RGBW ones with dedicated white LEDs.

Any RGB/RGBW controller will run any RGB/RBW LEDs so long as they match up in terms of voltage and current range, just make sure you connect the right channels together so the colours behave as expected, they're just PWM channels nothing fancy. The only ones that will not are the animated led controllers and LEDs, sometimes called Dreamcolour or mentioning a pixel protocol like WS2811 as the use power+data+ground and the LEDs do the dimming themselves

Back