4 Wheel Alignment With Acc

Taff7996

T6 Pro
Just tried to have my 4 wheel alignment done on my California

It was a hunter wheel alignment centre near me, All was going well untill he asked if I had adaptive cruise control, when I replied yes, he stated that he couldn't do the alignment, as the Adaptive Cruise Control and emergency braking would need to be recalibrated and he didn't have the equipment to do this. He said, if the system failed because of his actions he would be liable

Anyone else come across this, any recomendations in South Wales to have this done, apart from VW service centre

we have ACC, didnt have a problem here, (when we took it in for alignment that is)

Though if you were adjusting the suspension & ride height i suppose ACC re-calibration would be needed to ensure the ACC ranging is accurate?

@BognorMotors - your thoughts?

Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -

edit: just found this,

All alignment must be done by VW due to ACC Calibration - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

and this:

Volkswagen Golf Service & Repair Manual - Adaptive cruise control - Wheels, tyres, axle align

and this:

and:

Last edited:
we have ACC, didnt have a problem here, (when we took it in for alignment that is)

Though if you were adjusting the suspension & ride height i suppose ACC re-calibration would be needed to ensure the ACC ranging is accurate?

@BognorMotors - your thoughts?

Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -

edit: just found this,

All alignment must be done by VW due to ACC Calibration - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

and this:

Volkswagen Golf Service & Repair Manual - Adaptive cruise control - Wheels, tyres, axle align

and this:

and:

Thanks, I've read those site threads already, but couldn't find any information on this site

Just sometimes i wish i never read a thread. Had mine aligned last week and there was no mention from technician as to the re calibration of the acc. Now reading these posts it makes sense i suppose, but i have used my acc since and definitely didn't feel any different. Seriously p***ed that they didn't mention it.

Just sometimes i wish i never read a thread. Had mine aligned last week and there was no mention from technician as to the re calibration of the acc. Now reading these posts it makes sense i suppose, but i have used my acc since and definitely didn't feel any different. Seriously p***ed that they didn't mention it.
I had mine done 18 months ago and it made no difference whatsoever to my ACC performance.

I'm gonna bury my head in the sand on this one. Already fell out with my local dealer on another matter this week. There's only so many people you can shout at in one week surely.

I've got an account at Protyre, in June last year they said they couldn't do my bus with ACC on their Hunter. A few days later they called back to say they now could, so they did the job and my ACC didn't appear to be affected at all.

But, the alignment was crap and when I took my van to @BognorMotors for new wheels they aligned it again properly, no issues with ACC then either though.

Last edited:
Seems to me that the issue relates more to cars with lane change assist and adaptive steering, which the T6 hasn't got.

So standard 4w alignment Should be no issue.

Though it seems that if you change the ride height drastically then the ACC radar at the front may need adjusting slightly as part of the Re calibration.

Back