3G, 4G, GSM Signal Booster? Anyone installed one or have any experience

TWB-Mark

Camper Hire
T6 Pro
Hi everyone. I'm pitched up at Folkstone and I've got more chance of getting 3G/4G from France than from the UK. The campsite wifi is terrible. I'd normally use my phone as a hotspot but it's getting zero to one bar reception so it's flakey. I've been thinking of installing a signal booster - different from mifi systems in that it acts as a repeater boosting any 3G,4G signal by about 45 dB.
Here's the one I'm looking at:
Tri band Signal Booster for Car Nikrans NS-GDW-Drive But it's a lot to splash out on so want to know if anyone's had any luck or bad experience with these before I splash out on one.
Cheers in advance, all opinions welcome
Mark

So I've installed this booster (temporarily) to see if it works...
It does! I went back to the Folkstone site and set it up. It gave me about 45dB of boost. So much so that the bloke in the next pitch who had a lovely black T6 was able to call the local chippie and put an order in. The day before he had to walk about 10 mins to get a signal.
I'm now in King's Woods near Ashford where I usually struggle to get a signal. This image is two screenshots of a signal app on my phone. The inset one is before, the main one is after...
GridArt_20221002_190306849.jpg
So in conclusion. It seems to work. The amount of boost is variable which is how it is meant to be. In a good signal area it did not boost, here it is boosting a very poor signal by about 50% its capability, probably to avoid noise. I'll install it in the next few days properly and then write that up.

Back