35mm Lift Kit

duggie

Just bought a T6 T32 Kombi , I’m thinking of fitting Bilstein 35 mm lift kit, with wolf race Sahara wheels with 245/65/17, bf Goodrich tyres , anyone got any info on these , before I commit .like handling /road noise, which is really bad on the van now . Cheers Duggie

I've got 35mm bilstein lift on mine along with the b6 green comfort dampers, running 18 general grabber at3, very pleased with how the van handles/rides. Noise is a little bit higher but not bad.

I've got BFG on 16'' steels. There is a bit of hum between 50 -70 mph but nothing OTT. I've got a well sound proofed Caravelle and like my music so might not be the same as a factory Kombi and no music. I've got some Koni shocks being made and I'm off to pair them up with some T32 springs. That's the next big job. Can't wait to get started!

Cheers for the info , think I will go with this set up , I have sound deadened and insulated rear quarters, tail gate , sliding door, and opposite side , but still very noisy, going to do wheel arches , at the weekend, then look at the floor . Work in progress, but can’t believe, how noisy the van is ,

@duggie, have a read:
New Wheels And Tyres
Those tyres are an 8.5% increase in gearing compared to O.E, you'll notice that, and be careful of the speedo under-reading by the same, or you might not need a van!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sound deadened and insulated rear quarters, tail gate , sliding door, and opposite side , but still very noisy, going to do wheel arches , at the weekend, then look at the floor . Work in progress, but can’t believe, how noisy the van is ,

I was pretty shocked with my T5, hence going back to a Caravelle this time. Mind you, I've added some silent coat and mass loaded vinyl to the front doors and tailgate as I had some left over. The floor and wheel arches made the biggest difference to the T5 so I reckon you'll be pleased with the results when done, particularly in relation to tyre hum.

Back