30mm Spacers with Devonports?

55tc

I am collecting a T6.1 on Friday and taking it to have 50mm lowering springs fitted on the way home. I want to run it on the 17” Devonports for now so I have ordered some hubcentric 30mm spacers to go on. I've seen a couple of threads on this but can’t seem to open the images. Has anyone got spacers on there Devonports? If so any pictures (or advice!) would be appreciated!
TIA

Last edited:
I ran 30mm on the rear with my Devonports, definitely some pics of mine on here somewhere.

I want to run it on the 17” Devonports for now so I have ordered some hubcentric 30mm spacers to go on. I've seen a couple of threads on this but can’t seem to open the images.
Have you seen the images in these posts:

Satin black powder coat, 25mm spacers fitted with a 30mm dealer lowering.

View attachment 20951

View attachment 20952

View attachment 20953
View attachment 32765 B14s fitted today thanks to Blackline Performance.
I have 215 Devonports with 30mm spacers on the back and 20 or 25 on the front.

View attachment 42143
and this album:

I’ve got 20mm on the front of my Devonports and 25mm on the back which look spot on to me. Looking at the rear you could get away with 30mm and still look ok, but I think 30 on the front would be a bit too much unless you’re maybe putting ATs on and want that sticking out sort of look.

I had my Koni's Shocks + 50mm H&R Sport Springs + 20mm / 25mm H&R Hubcentric Spacers fitted today. All kit supplied by Steve @CRS Performance. The install was undertaken by a local garage who found the install relatively easy.

I'm incredibly pleased with the outcome :mexican wave:. I now have a firm, car like pliant ride. No longer do I dread tight corners, roundabouts etc. I'm glad I opted for Sports Shocks, and not springs alone (based on various sourced of feedback in here). The van is particularly composed at higher speeds and I can actually enjoy the twisties. Diving under breaking has also banished. I also notice a significant decrease in road noise. I was originally going to go with a 40mm drop as I'm more interested in handling rather than stance. I own a T32 so Steve @ CRS advised that 50mm would be prime given the higher load capacity / heavier van. He was spot on ...

The spacers have allowed an OEM look with the Devonports but equally filled out the arches and given her a beefier' stance. Some before and after pics....

Before when Standard

View attachment 77494

After ( with a few subtle styling modifications )

View attachment 77495

Before ( Side on )

View attachment 77496

After ( Side on )

View attachment 77497

And some General After images showing the effect of the 50mm Drop and Spacers

View attachment 77499

View attachment 77500

View attachment 77501
View attachment 77502

View attachment 77503

View attachment 77504

View attachment 77505

View attachment 77506

View attachment 77509

Contemplating 19's or 20's down then line but slightly weary that they may comprise the current, excellent ride quality. Shall run with the spacers for a solid test period first.

Thanks to the many T6 forum contributors for their sharing and inspiration :)

Cal.

I’m working through some upgrades on my 17 plate kombi - A Koni and HR Suspension is on the cards but I’ve not considered spacers - are they just cosmetic or does the slighter wider wheel base improve handling? Also running 17 Davonports and in no rush to change them ATM

Hi - I would doubt the spacers help with handling to be honest. It makes a huge difference to the stance though. I have no interest in buying any after market alloys now. Love to stealthy but beefy look and the "car like" ride is superb ! I should add that the spacers are expensive but beautifully engineered pieces of finery

Back