30mm Lowering And Spoiler

John66809

T6 Pro
Had a price from my local VW centre for 30mm lowering springs at £460 and £340 for a sportline tailgate spoiler fitted including vat. Does this sound reasonable?

Yep ! my local dealer £231.00 + Vat for springs or including fitting £663.00 + Vat (£795.60) !!

Paid £460 for the springs fitted, apparently is a flat cost across all dealerships. Had them done before collecting a brand new van and asked if they would apply the same discount as I got on the van, but £460 is the end.

Swift Basecamp @John66809. We worked on one of the 1st Bassecamps Swift built a while ago. I was shocked on how well designed the inside was, and how spacious it felt, helped by the door being on the rear. Great little Caravan, and very good design for once.:thumbsup:

Swift Basecamp @John66809. We worked on one of the 1st Bassecamps Swift built a while ago. I was shocked on how well designed the inside was, and how spacious it felt, helped by the door being on the rear. Great little Caravan, and very good design for once.:thumbsup:
Very pleased with it. Ideal for a couple or a family with the awning attached.

Just back from the Dealers newly fitted spoiler and 30mm lowering springs. Pleasantly surprised how well it looks compared to before.
I didn't think I would see much difference in height with such a minimal drop but it looks much better now.

Had a price from my local VW centre for 30mm lowering springs at £460 and £340 for a sportline tailgate spoiler fitted including vat. Does this sound reasonable?
i had the same price but when i got there i was told it was an extra 250 + vat this was for new nuts and wheel alignment !!

i had the same price but when i got there i was told it was an extra 250 + vat this was for new nuts and wheel alignment !!

Nuts for what? Fitting 30mm springs is just a case of removing the standard springs and replacing it with the lowered springs. The only nuts I can imagine they'd change would be any nyloc nuts if there are any, but that would be excessive, and they cost pennies.
Did you actually pay the extra, and was this at a main dealers?
Wheel alignment should cost a max of £50, plus there's not actually anything you can adjust on the rears anyway.

Nuts for what? Fitting 30mm springs is just a case of removing the standard springs and replacing it with the lowered springs. The only nuts I can imagine they'd change would be any nyloc nuts if there are any, but that would be excessive, and they cost pennies.
Did you actually pay the extra, and was this at a main dealers?
Wheel alignment should cost a max of £50, plus there's not actually anything you can adjust on the rears anyway.
i didnt have the job done looking to find someone to do it now

But what about the vans three year warranty, how is that impacted if fitting VW approved parts somewhere other than a dealer?

Back