2nd Hand Alloys For My T6

Big Nairn

This is my first post having just joined the forum. I took ownership of my T6 shuttle at the tail end of last year due to now having 6 kids. My wife has decided that she wants some alloys, as the original steel wheels are going bit rusty, but having just left my job to become self employed I don't have the cash available for a new set of wheels.
I have been looking at BMW wheels and have sen some off a M5. I never have the car loaded to its max so don't know if I have to worry about load ratings or not. Also would I be able to fit them straight on with spigot rings or would i need something else too? The tyres on the wheels are 225/50/17.
Thanks for your help.
Nairn

This is my first post having just joined the forum. I took ownership of my T6 shuttle at the tail end of last year due to now having 6 kids. My wife has decided that she wants some alloys, as the original steel wheels are going bit rusty, but having just left my job to become self employed I don't have the cash available for a new set of wheels.
I have been looking at BMW wheels and have sen some off a M5. I never have the car loaded to its max so don't know if I have to worry about load ratings or not. Also would I be able to fit them straight on with spigot rings or would i need something else too? The tyres on the wheels are 225/50/17.
Thanks for your help.
Nairn
Welcome.to the forum, hope you find plenty of infomation. There are many posts about wheels and many references to website that will assist you in your decision. Make ise of the forums search facility and use key words to help you search.
IMO it is not really about load weight of what you carrying it is more being road legal for the load rate your vehicle is rated for....as any accident, be it your fault or not, will result in your insurance being void.

If you're worried about spending dosh, i'd be tempted to just whip off a couple of wheels at a time, rub them down, and spray them myself. I did this on a set of steels I had and if you buy the matching lacquer to a Sliver wheel paint, you'd be amazed on how good a finish you can achieve. (cost me £30 for everything)
Plus depending on which steels you have 16" or the nice 17" Vectors, they actually look pretty nice on some vans anyway.
I'm not a fan of using another manufactures wheels on a nice T6, because they just look like you've stuck a set of BMW, or Range Rover wheels on a VW, and it can actually make them look a little naff.
Or, your other option is look on eBay or the Sales section on here, there are often some nice wheel and tyre sets for little money like these For Sale - Black 20 inch wheels and tyres for T6

Welcome @Big Nairn, keep your eyes on the for sale sectionof the forum. Members will regularly post up their original alloys and tyres when they swap them out to put bigger items on. It is not uncommon to find a set of 17” Devonports with fairly new tyres going for £400.

Thanks for your replies folks. I have decided to go for 18" land rover discovery mondials on 255/55/18 tyres. Hopefully they go on without too much trouble, spigot rings and bolts.

Back