Staggered Alloys Confusion?????

awillis668

T6 Pro
Hi Everyone!

I hope you can shed some light on the Alloys on my van. I have attached some pics below for reference but in short I recently purchase my T6.1 and noticed that all four tyres are the same size 275/35Z/20 102W how ever it is clear that the alloys are not the same width as the tyres sit in a completely different place on the alloys on the front than from the back. I HAVE SEEN A COUPLE OF T6 FOR SALE stating they have staggered alloys on, is there an actual mechanical or any other legitimate reason for doing this? I think it looks terrible on my van as the front and back wheels do not match at all and the rear look like they have the incorrect tyres fitted... is it a case of the staggered alloys is normal but the previous owner put the incorrect tyres on the rear or should all four alloys be the same size?

many thanks for any help provided

B84BCAAE-F532-4030-8B2E-F96CD21646FB.jpeg

D014AE63-0166-4509-9CE7-2BBC972A70DE.jpeg

The staggered look is just atheistic, tyre choice questionable.
I had staggered alloys on my last van with the same tyres mounted on 8.5 & 10 20” rims.

imo and experience this is not the best tyre size. The rears are too stretched and the fronts too wollowy.
I’ve been recommended 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 for the rears.

You don’t say what size your wheels are, but assuming they are 8.5 front and 10 rear then those tyres look really strange. My 275 on 10j reads have a decent overhang on the wheel, as do 245 on 8.5j on the front.
Might be worth looking at different brand tyres before the kerbs file your alloys down to the same width as the tyre sidewall.

You don’t say what size your wheels are, but assuming they are 8.5 front and 10 rear then those tyres look really strange. My 275 on 10j reads have a decent overhang on the wheel, as do 245 on 8.5j on the front.
Might be worth looking at different brand tyres before the kerbs file your alloys down to the same width as the tyre sidewall.
Thanks for your reply, I don’t currently know the size, I bought the van with the wheels on, I assume if I took them off the van they would be marked on the inside with the size…? Yeah they don’t look right to me!

The staggered look is just atheistic, tyre choice questionable.
I had staggered alloys on my last van with the same tyres mounted on 8.5 & 10 20” rims.

imo and experience this is not the best tyre size. The rears are too stretched and the fronts too wollowy.
I’ve been recommended 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 for the rears.
Thanks for your reply, I’ll look into the sizes you provided, good to know they are just for atheistics, so I can put the same size front and back if I want too without any detriment to the vehicles handling!

What is it about the staggered look you dislike? Is it the tyre stetch on the rears or is it simply that the wheel widths differ? If it's the stretch, then changing the tyres would be a lot cheaper solution than buying non-staggered wheels.

Personally I like the staggered look with deep-dish rears, but I hate the over-stretched tyre look.

This looks very similar to my recently purchased van. It would be interesting to know if it came from the same supplier, as the wheels look the same as mine! I have unfortunately curbed the rear nearside wheel three times, which I think is in part due to the exposed rim, as well as being wider at the back! The tyres are Roval 275/35/20 102W. I'm keen to change to more standard wheels and tyres, to allow me to cope with the varied weather in the North of Scotland. Is there any reason for me not to put 18inch wheels on? Other than aesthetics of course!
Hi Everyone!

I hope you can shed some light on the Alloys on my van. I have attached some pics below for reference but in short I recently purchase my T6.1 and noticed that all four tyres are the same size 275/35Z/20 102W how ever it is clear that the alloys are not the same width as the tyres sit in a completely different place on the alloys on the front than from the back. I HAVE SEEN A COUPLE OF T6 FOR SALE stating they have staggered alloys on, is there an actual mechanical or any other legitimate reason for doing this? I think it looks terrible on my van as the front and back wheels do not match at all and the rear look like they have the incorrect tyres fitted... is it a case of the staggered alloys is normal but the previous owner put the incorrect tyres on the rear or should all four alloys be the same size?

many thanks for any help provided

View attachment 197698

View attachment 197699

Back