235/50/18?

andrew butler

T6 Pro
So currently running 18 inch toluca alloys with 255/45/18 and lowered 40mm... getting around 10k miles on the fronts. Considering changing to 235/50/18 to see if that improves the life of the tyres and improves the ride.... anyone else swapped over..? Any issues with rubbing..? Cheers

So currently running 18 inch toluca alloys with 255/45/18 and lowered 40mm... getting around 10k miles on the fronts. Considering changing to 235/50/18 to see if that improves the life of the tyres and improves the ride.... anyone else swapped over..? Any issues with rubbing..? Cheers
What brand of tyres are you running? And what’s your van T28/30/32? I fitted Goodyear Eagle F1’s about 8k ago and they don’t appear to be wearing at all!?

What's the load rating on them? Caravelles are heavy, and lower incorrect rated tyres would wear very quickly, as does a heavy right foot!

Are your tyres wearing evenly, on the inside/outside???

Going back to your original post, I’m sure with 235/50/18 you won’t have any rubbing issues at 40mm down…. the overall diameter is pretty much the same as 255/45/18, but I don’t know how it will help with your tyre wear? I’d have a laser wheel alignment done when you have your new tyres fitted and keep a good check on your tyre pressures.

Tyres always wear perfectly even... 10k on fronts 15k on rears... 3 different brands. Just wanted to try a different size to see if I get better miles...

Tyres always wear perfectly even... 10k on fronts 15k on rears... 3 different brands. Just wanted to try a different size to see if I get better miles...
Go for it and see what happens…. I wish you better tyre wear and more miles!:thumbsup:

Back