22mpg. Is That A New Worst Best?

I'd say i'm only getting mid 20's at best, and all my driving is Motorway.
in fact after owning my previous 2015 Vivaro that did mid to late 30's all day long regardless how you drove it, the T6 was quite a shock. Couple that with the small fuel tank and I seem to be constantly in fuel stations earning Nectar points.

I managed to get a Thursday afternoon slot at beeston Notts Vw this week, so abit sooner .

The dpf light appeared today. I never never had a dpf light before even on my old t5 doing the exact same journeys. I took it up and down the a46 to Newark in 4th gear at 66mpg so revs were at 3krpm. Light soon went out but it still regening none stop.
Awful hesitation at the boost threshold.

4 ecu error codes. I think it could be the dpf pressure differential sensor. Since it's always on Regen it's actually blocking the dpf faster. Will see on Thursday.

If they update the software you'll loose the remap...

Before I got it remapped I went into vw to check the adblue fault code which didn't appear so they found nothing..... typical......and I asked them to update any software which was already up to date.

I then got it mapped.

I will ask them before if there are any updates....if there are I'll have to get it mapped again.

The only/latest update for 150ps diesel was published in December 2016.

Remapped by any chance?

Hi, I have a EU5 102 VAN (T28 with BMT).

I really (really) wanted a 6 speed 140 (now 150 with EU6) but budget simply wouldn't allow. Thus seriously considering a Pendle remap - may wait until my 3 years warranty expire (Aug-18). However comments such as yours worry me about remaps - should it be something to be worried about? Also worried can a 5 speed box take such an increase?

I can't say I've actually noticed it doing a Regen - seen that comment from other EU5 owners as well. think EU6 engines are b it more fussy?

Thanks

I really (really) wanted a 6 speed 140 (now 150 with EU6) but budget simply wouldn't allow. Thus seriously considering a Pendle remap - may wait until my 3 years warranty expire (Aug-18). However comments such as yours worry me about remaps - should it be something to be worried about? Also worried can a 5 speed box take such an increase?

I can't say I've actually noticed it doing a Regen - seen that comment from other EU5 owners as well. think EU6 engines are b it more fussy?

Thanks
I wouldn’t worry too much if you have a euro5 engine. All of the engine management issues I have read on here I believe are all on euro6 engines. Can’t think of one that was E5 but will stand to be corrected if anyone knows differently. Point being even if there is 1 or 2, it’s nowhere near the same level as E6 issues.

Thanks

A lot of calibration adjustments (remaps) create much more soot through advanced injection timing and fuelling so there are operating conditions where the DPF gets restricted much faster than the factory calibration. The cold weather tends to be when these issues really come to light.

Ref the 5 speed box, most calibration adjustments for these vehicles have a lower torque output when compared to the 6 speed just to protect the gearbox.

Just been told there is a software recall update on the van. I told them about the remap but they said it won't be effected.

Amazingly I have done 211miles on this tank and it's about to hit the fuel light. That's less than 20mpg. Really wanted to hit single figures.

Will see when they report back as waiting for them to work in it.

Just been told there is a software recall update on the van. I told them about the remap but they said it won't be effected.

Amazingly I have done 211miles on this tank and it's about to hit the fuel light. That's less than 20mpg. Really wanted to hit single figures.

Will see when they report back as waiting for them to work in it.
Yeah there has to be something seriously wrong with that van, I can't get mine below 30mpg no matter what I do!

Well there is a software update.....
I'm going to loose my remap but I'm not too worried, I'll get it mapped again.

The issue was a faulty dpf pressure sensor. I explained in Regens 3 times per tank since day one 30k miles ago.
Vw Tech said thats very excessive and the fault made the ecu think the dpf was full and went full retard for the last 1000 miles.

So let's see if I get more than my normal 29mpg after this.

The issue was a faulty dpf pressure sensor. I explained in Regens 3 times per tank since day one 30k miles ago.
Vw Tech said thats very excessive and the fault made the ecu think the dpf was full and went full retard for the last 1000 miles.

Small price to pay if the problem is finally fixed and you start seeing more realistic MPG - hope it has the desired results!!

Well VW did everything under warranty despite the remap. They never questioned it and the girl mentioned another software update is in development but they don't have an ETA yet.
It's was a simple fix, replace sensor and update.
If any more ecu codes appear they they said they will replace the egr valve.

Is there a difference. .. Yes van starts up on the first crank where before it took 2.
I have no torque and no 3-4krpm power.
Remap again time me thinks.

Well VW did everything under warranty despite the remap. They never questioned it and the girl mentioned another software update is in development but they don't have an ETA yet.

Is there a difference. .. Yes van starts up on the first crank where before it took 2.
Glad it’s working a bit better again. However, if there is another software update on the way, is it worth getting it remapped again, only to potentially lose that when it goes in again?

Ill be interested to see what MPG you get now mate

100% it will go up, the regen absolutely smashes the mpg down. I tend to drive with quarter of a tank so it never does it lol

Back