22mpg. Is That A New Worst Best?

Glad it’s working a bit better again. However, if there is another software update on the way, is it worth getting it remapped again, only to potentially lose that when it goes in again?

I don't use vw for anything service wise so I doubt I'd be back there for them to update. Plus it could be ages before the update is available. I'm already board of less torque.

Should be used to it driving Honda’s ;)

Mines supercharged and shorter final drive.....Because torque. Only 40lbft less than the van.
Plus I make 9psi of boost at 70% throttle anywhere in the rev range. Shove that in you're turbo lag and smoke it. :p

Mines supercharged and shorter final drive.....Because torque. Only 40lbft less than the van.
Plus I make 9psi of boost at 70% throttle anywhere in the rev range. Shove that in you're turbo lag and smoke it. :p

Bet the lads down Halfords buzz off it ;)

Joking aside im a fan of Jap cars - especially GT4’s

I don't use vw for anything service wise so I doubt I'd be back there for them to update. Plus it could be ages before the update is available. I'm already board of less torque.
What ever was in the last VW calibration update you got will be lost when you get it remapped anyway. The 'map' doesn't build on top of the existing calibration, it replaces it.

Bet the lads down Halfords buzz off it ;)

Joking aside im a fan of Jap cars - especially GT4’s
I had the ST185 GT4 which was quick. A few years later got a Lancer Evolution - a totally different class. Still have some classic performance cars; an X1/9 running a proper fast road engine (cam, compression, porting, twin 40s....) and a standard 911 SC 204.

What ever was in the last VW calibration update you got will be lost when you get it remapped anyway. The 'map' doesn't build on top of the existing calibration, it replaces it.

That's not how it works on all remaps. Pendle has the latest vw updates and they just adjust the map for the new software using data logging and calibration. It's a custom map to my engine and software and not a generic map for all 150ps engines.

I only had 40 miles left in the tank to go to work today and too tight to pay for fuel from the local stealers at £1.24 per litre so drove the 40 miles to work on the assumption that it would go up if I drive carefully which it did and I ended up with 34.5 mpg which is my best ever! I then filled up on the way home at £1.17 per litre

I usually get 22-28 mpg

IMG_4453.jpg

I think my long term average is about 37-38 but that means that I easily get over 40 on a run - and that's without really trying.

That's not how it works on all remaps. Pendle has the latest vw updates and they just adjust the map for the new software using data logging and calibration. It's a custom map to my engine and software and not a generic map for all 150ps engines.
I'm not disputing that is what Pendle told you, but I can't think of any good reason why VW would share their calibration details with a third party, particularly knowing what has been going on with diesel-gate. There are huge costs associated with producing a calibration (VW, not Pendle) and it would be treat as proprietary information.

What have you done to your engine to need a custom map?

I'm not disputing that is what Pendle told you, but I can't think of any good reason why VW would share their calibration details with a third party, particularly knowing what has been going on with diesel-gate. There are huge costs associated with producing a calibration (VW, not Pendle) and it would be treat as proprietary information.

What have you done to your engine to need a custom map?

You can get the maps downloaded from the obd2 ports with the correct software. That's how it works once the ecu is cracked.

No 2 engines are the same as they wear differently so I custom map is suited to youre engine and it's tolerances.
Every pendle map is custom tuned.
Pendle has the new software my van has so it's going to be mapped soon again. So slow through the gears when overtaking.

You can get the maps downloaded from the obd2 ports with the correct software. That's how it works once the ecu is cracked.

No 2 engines are the same as they wear differently so I custom map is suited to youre engine and it's tolerances.
Every pendle map is custom tuned.
Pendle has the new software my van has so it's going to be mapped soon again. So slow through the gears when overtaking.

Tolerances on engine internals are nothing to worry about now, anything that involves metal to metal clearances or affects performance will be to processes with Cpk of 1.67 and higher. There is no need for custom tuned maps on any healthy standard engine, that just shows a lack of confidence in their own work unless they consider it to be a differentiator to the other companies doing 'remaps'.

No towing but I drive it like my old BMW 640d......quickly... but will grow out of it. I just put it down to being a 204 with DSG

That's brilliant, how did you get it so high? :eek:

A steady foot....... we’ve got a new one coming soon, that we are going stage 2 REVO on, which will be interesting - lots planned for this new van ❤️

Back