215 75 R16 winters!?

Arrow

T6 Pro
I'm putting some 215 75 R16 tires on T6.1 using my old T5 steel wheels.

Anyone have 75 walled tires on their 16s? Any potential issues. Quite like the swamper look rather than the low profile.

It's about 5.5% larger than the standard Devonport 17s I have but I just want them to soak up the pot holes and handle whatever weather comes our way in the winter.

The spedo is about 2mph slower than GPS is stating so will actually correct the error with the new tires. Other than speed, will the ratio cause any issues with the 4motion? I see folk mention gearing issues. It's a 199 so power not really a concern.

I'm going to get the Devons powder coated then stick 225 65 R17 AT tires on them Eventually then swap these back out and hopefully sell.

Any advice welcome

Cheers.

R16 75s or R17 65s.....won’t you still have roughly the same rolling circumference issues?

I would love to see the difference. Think I’ve got another two years for my tyres to wear out before I can justify changing. I’m planning to keep my 16 inch clayton’s because I quite like them. Just don’t know whether to go 65 70 or 75. I think the 75 is might be just too big for me. Prefer the look of all-terrain tires but I think I’ll be sensible and go for all season ones... Or medium aggressive all-terrain!!

Decisions decisions!

not lowered btw

R16 75s or R17 65s.....won’t you still have roughly the same rolling circumference issues?

Yea! Well the R17 65 is 4.9% over standard and the R16 75 are 5.5% according to tire comparison website. Standard ones that came with the van are R17 60s.

Just wondering if it will cause any issues other than odemeter. Don't wana knacker the DSG or ABS or something...

I'm hindsight I should have just kept the new winters like for like circumference....

I would love to see the difference. Think I’ve got another two years for my tyres to wear out before I can justify changing. I’m planning to keep my 16 inch clayton’s because I quite like them. Just don’t know whether to go 65 70 or 75. I think the 75 is might be just too big for me. Prefer the look of all-terrain tires but I think I’ll be sensible and go for all season ones... Or medium aggressive all-terrain!!

Decisions decisions!

not lowered btw

I'll post a pic once they are on. Imagine they will look quite beefy

I had these Semperit Vangrip 2's put on about a fortnight ago. I've always had a set of winter / snow tyres as they transform the driving experience. Up to now, they are spot on. Obviously a bit softer but feel really sharp in these recent low temps.

20210106_113904.jpg20210106_230854.jpg20210106_113929.jpg

An issue has just been brought to my attention..... 16 inch steels don't fit the 4motion as it's got bigger discs. Disaster...

Going to go straight to BFG KO2 225 65 R17s instead and put the van on stands while I get the Davenport's powdercoated

Will be apologising to the tire shop tomorrow as they already ordered the 16s. Oops.

Back