20x9 rims with ET35 offset

Does anybody have 20x9 wheels with an ET35 offset? Really need pics so I can see if they’re going to clear the wings. Pretty Please? Would be really helpful

If you put the dimensions of the new wheel and tyres into something like willtheyfit.com then compare them to what you current have, you'll be able to measure the difference on the van with a tape measure.

If you put the dimensions of the new wheel and tyres into something like willtheyfit.com then compare them to what you current have, you'll be able to measure the difference on the van with a tape measure.
Hi thanks. Yeah got that site, and all it tells me is its very close. Yet alloy sellers all claim ET35 is acceptable . So i need real life experience and photos. Its no good if theres any contact and they will not guarantee that although claiming acceptable. Touch and go.

Hi thanks. Yeah got that site, and all it tells me is its very close. Yet alloy sellers all claim ET35 is acceptable . So i need real life experience and photos. Its no good if theres any contact and they will not guarantee that although claiming acceptable. Touch and go.
Most generic alloy wheel sellers, especially the big on line retailers won’t guarantee it because they just don’t know. They sell 100s of different options for 100s of different vehicles with no real world experience.

I only deal with transporters, so am able to offer strong advice, but even I won’t guarantee against rubbing in some circumstances. At any given wheel size, offset and width there are still other factors involved including the ride height of the van and the tyre size.

ET35 9” is very unlikely to rub on the inside unless your van is seriously low. It could catch on the outside with moderate lowering if it’s running a big tyre. With a sensible tyre and moderate lowering it would more than likely be OK.

Alloy wheels are usually an expensive purchase, so if you are in any doubt, rule them out and look for something else.

Most generic alloy wheel sellers, especially the big on line retailers won’t guarantee it because they just don’t know. They sell 100s of different options for 100s of different vehicles with no real world experience.

I only deal with transporters, so am able to offer strong advice, but even I won’t guarantee against rubbing in some circumstances. At any given wheel size, offset and width there are still other factors involved including the ride height of the van and the tyre size.

ET35 9” is very unlikely to rub on the inside unless your van is seriously low. It could catch on the outside with moderate lowering if it’s running a big tyre. With a sensible tyre and moderate lowering it would more than likely be OK.

Alloy wheels are usually an expensive purchase, so if you are in any doubt, rule them out and look for something else.
Thanks man. Yeah 40mm lowered, 275/40 is bound to be a risk. I hit some bumpy roads. Might go for 255 but even then no guarantee. And less kerb protection. Thanks for your help. Really wanted those damn wheels.

I'm running 20", 9J on ET38 so only a couple of mm difference. Current drop is about 70mm. Tyres are 255/40 20.

All fine for clearance. I'll upload some pics when I get a mo.

I'm running 20", 9J on ET38 so only a couple of mm difference. Current drop is about 70mm. Tyres are 255/40 20.

All fine for clearance. I'll upload some pics when I get a mo.
Photos would be magic, maybe where i can see gap to wings well. Cheers man

Here you go. Best photos I've got of the clearance until I take any more.

A 255/40 20 on a 9" gives quite a straight tyre side wall. I could probably drop another 10 - 15mm on the front without any rubbing issues.

The rears could possibly have a 10-15mm spacer added without any running issues as well.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 11.33.08.pngScreenshot 2022-12-06 at 11.34.37.png

I've had 9in et42 with 265 40 20 and it rubbed on hard compression. I'm about 60mm lower. Only front rubbed, I think it might have been arch liner inner though.
I think a 9in et35 will poke a little.

Here you go. Best photos I've got of the clearance until I take any more.

A 255/40 20 on a 9" gives quite a straight tyre side wall. I could probably drop another 10 - 15mm on the front without any rubbing issues.

The rears could possibly have a 10-15mm spacer added without any running issues as well.

View attachment 181246View attachment 181247
Superb thanks man. So i guess my main concern is contacting the arch plastics just behind the wing where the wee tab is, . I could bend that back i guess. So 255 might offer little rim protection. Guess id have to live with that. Thank you.

Back