T6 or T6.1?

Anyway, from what I read, Merc are beating VW in the top-end engine dept at this moment; we'll wait and see!!!!

I think one issue VW have at this moment is they are being a little conservative with engine design......
As some of their Engine designers and Execs are currently looking at Jail spells (10-years) oh and Billion Pound/Dollar/Euro fines for VW ;), shouldn't tell porkies:laugh:

Anybody currently registered with the ongoing Class-Action?

I believe that the current Vito is going to be replaced in 2020 due to product design and quality issues. Merc will probably partner with another manufacturer - possibly PSA - for the platform.
Mercedes used to be the acme of engineering until some twart of an accountant took over in the mid 90s. Sold on image and reputation. Sadly VW have been going the same way.
The Caravelle is a much better vehicle than the Vito in every way - but brand perception by the Great Unwashed would put Mercedes ahead of VW. Which is better? Just look at what minicab drivers are operating...

Hi guys... I'm looking to buy a Multivan probably highline and is still possible to order the T6 in any configuration and option...
Obviously buying the T6 Will have about 10k of discount on a 65k configuration...
Now I'm asking myselves if worth to wait till 6.1 or this discount is enought to go for T6.
Thanks for any advices
Paolo

Depends which model you really want, but I'd say hang fire, you'll get far more discount on a T6 than you've been offered, especially as the 6.1 launch date nears.

The dealer network will have various sales objectives to meet with the current model and that traditionally proves difficult to achieve when a new model is on the horizon. Prospective buyers will hold off until the new one arrives, but the network will still need to shift their unsold T6 model allocation in the meantime, which means they'll offer buyer's far greater discounts as the launch date approaches.

Now is the time to negotiate with the dealer network for the biggest discount. They don't want unsold T6 dealer allocations on their books now that they have the new T6.1 on its way so now is the time to hit them.

If your local dealer won't play ball call another dealer, and so on. You'll soon land on a dealer who has to clear the decks in readiness for the new model and will therefore be more willing to offer you a significantly greater discount. Start with the big city dealerships, they typically have the largest sales targets to meet and will be in a better position to accept a below-the-belt offer than the rest of the network would.

As a final bit of advice, play the Brexit thing to your advantage. New car and van sales are significantly down against this period a year ago, due to Brexit uncertainty. However, the sausage machine is still churning out the T6s and buyers still need to buy them or else there'll be a log-jam at the factory and, ultimately, the dealer network. That's likely to be happening now. Remember that. It could be the difference between a little bit of discount, or a massive amount.

The same apples to the 6.1. The network need to meet their sales objectives, which are invariably more than the previous year, against a climate of falling sales and future uncertainty. Believe me, the VW network is more receptive to offering greater discounts now than this time a year ago so do your research and be sure to check out more than a couple of dealers.

Good luck.

Given I've mostly waited 6 months for a new VW commercial with extras, I guess they'll soon be taking orders.

I can't believe it's next march, its been advertised on the vw website for months now.

what a strange idea for the side indicator repeater. first in the headlight the side indicators are already toward the middle. I never understood why some car company do that rather than toward the outside, then they move the repeater almost touching the headlight (minus the trim) which defeats the point of having a repeater! ... strange design choices

This was Posted on the Parkers Website yesterday.

When does the VW Transporter T6.1 go on sale, and what does it cost?
Volkswagen will start taking pre-orders in September 2019, we should have full tech and spec info in October 2019, and order books are due to open properly in November 2019.

Full pricing is still to be confirmed, but we do now know the panel van will start at £21,635 excluding VAT and on-the-road costs for the entry-level 90hp Startline, rising to £36,915 for the top-spec model 199hp Highline with long-wheelbase.

The first deliveries are expected in dealers in March 2020.

Could this be accurate?
The best colour coming to the 6.1 Highline???? :p

265636BC-C402-4BB2-84F5-446171A5B6AF.png

Last edited:
Back