2.5cm or 5cm mattress toppers ?

iowvan

so looking at different mattress toppers does anyone have experience's on how comfy the 2.5cm topper compared to the thicker 5cm which takes up more space when rolled up ? Anyone purchased a 2.5cm then upgraded to 5cm ? Thanks , Sy

It’s not only thickness but the density of the foam. Have a look at foam4u.co.uk they will cut and cover any size and thickness of various grades of foam. Companies like Duvaly don’t make the foam they buy it in. Makes a massive difference in cost to go direct. Try their Cooling Revo 65kg foam less than £40 for a single size mattress.

love the duvalay stuff myself. the combined sleeping bag stuff they do is excellent.

It’s not only thickness but the density of the foam. Have a look at foam4u.co.uk they will cut and cover any size and thickness of various grades of foam. Companies like Duvaly don’t make the foam they buy it in. Makes a massive difference in cost to go direct. Try their Cooling Revo 65kg foam less than £40 for a single size mattress.
Great info thanks will take a look

It will depend what you are using the topper on and how you sleep. I’ve got a 2.5cm Duvalay which is great on the already soft RnR bed, but a bit too thin on the hard base board in the pop top. In the roof I t’s just about ok on my back but too thin when sleeping on my side, however a thin SIM underneath stops my hips digging through and makes for a good nights sleep. So, I’d say 2.5cm if it’s being used as a topper on an already soft surface, or 5cm on a hard surface. Or a hybrid of 2.5 plus a SIM when/if required to give flexibility.

what is the deepest depth of mattress you can use in a pop up roof on top of the board and till be able to close the oof okay without any problems ? any recommendations / makes / depths / other ideas welcomed

We’ve also got a Duvalay 25mm which is spot on with the soft RnR bed. As for what fits in a pop top, I‘m guessing a lot would depend on the make of pop top.

Back