18” banded Amaroks - STX coilovers.

Mike Dean

Aviation
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve ordered a set of 18” banded Amaroks 9 front and 9.5 rear from Duchy.

Anyone with this setup running STX coilovers, I’m looking to see how a 255/45/18 will work?

Also have a few days to decide on colour, van is reflex silver. Any suggestions?

Have you had a look through the banded brothers thread? 100s of suggestions and photos in there.
Those tyres are a perfect size.
Check out @coullstar 's shuttle when he had his steels on...

In winter I run 245/45/18’s on KW Suspension if that helps? Not the usual size, I know, but I think the rubber / wheel ratio looks good.

1F5C1289-8F72-4CC6-A6E4-F88F3FD1C0F7.jpeg
FA3E0D31-1F40-4390-84DD-51CD2D51D883.jpeg85D96ACE-045D-4856-BCD1-4692711BECEB.jpeg

Typically at the moment the van is on the front garden, sandwiched between the house and the wall, so I can’t get you any distance shots. And I can’t move it as I have 8 stitches in my foot. But pester me next week and I will

Typically at the moment the van is on the front garden, sandwiched between the house and the wall, so I can’t get you any distance shots. And I can’t move it as I have 8 stitches in my foot. But pester me next week and I will

no problem pal, next week I should be all done!
Hope you recover quickly!

Hi Mike, i'm interested to hear how you got on with the STX and banded steels setup? I have a set of STX ready to go on my Kombi and i'm a little concerned i won't get it low enough to suit the steels.

Cheers,

Ewan

Just your eyes and crap photos. Definitely right. Fit is perfect, no rubbing and STX on lowest setting. So 8.5 would not give same look.

Who banded them out of interest?
I can't believe they poke that much at the front compared to the rear.
Are you using spacers at all?

Back