17" Davenport And 40mm H&r Springs

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tyres' started by Kwp0906, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Kwp0906

Kwp0906 Member

Hi,

I know lowering has been covered many times before but I'm looking for anyone with specific experience of running 17" Devonports with 40mm h&r springs on a t32? I'm also considering 25mm front and 30mm rear spacers.

Only concern is poor ride quality, what is other people's experience?

I appreciate there'll be a few who say b14 are the way to go but at the moment I can't justify the price

2. Eli1264

Eli1264 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I am on Devonports with 25mm spacer all round but I am also on B14's

3. Brennanpj

Brennanpj Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

FD5E6875-1148-46DD-90B1-9A5792A3FA9E.jpeg I’m on 40mm H&R . Devonports, t32 lwb Kombi. With 25mm spacers all round .

Much improved over standard for drive ability. Handles well , I would not describe the ride as harsh at all as many say . Bang for buck , it’s well worth it .

Realised I don’t have a proper photo . Will add later.

4. Kwp0906

Kwp0906 Member

Thanks for the info, would you have a side profile picture of your van on 40mm h&r?

5. Brennanpj

Brennanpj Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

6. Kwp0906

Kwp0906 Member

Looking good, cheers

7. Scruffy

Scruffy Senior Member T6 Guru

I’ve had H&R 40mm on my T32 Kombi for the last 3 years. They definitely improved the handling but the ride is average to say the least. I can’t justify the outlay for B14s and nobody talks about the ride comfort on here, just the look etc, so the H&R’s are an improvement on the standard T32 (which is awful) but it’s no limousine.